Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2006, 09:29 AM
First Mate

Default Mediteranian disney

Is there anyone out there that is doing this? I priced it for a family of three with airfare $11,000! And that's not including tips, and spending cash! Is disney just going to have the one boat here in the states while the magic is over there? Whats the scoop!
Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes, Disney will only have the Magic in the Med this summer. After all they only have two ships in total! It seems that the Wonder always does the 3 and 4 day Bahamas cruises while the Magic does the 7 day and special cruises. For example, the Magic did the Mexican Riveria last summer for the Disneyland's 50th B-day. You probably can get a cheaper price on other lines, but Disney has a great onboard environment for families!
Old August 5th, 2006, 07:51 PM
First Mate

I agree it is sad they won't be going from the U.S. Good for European fmilies but rather pricey for us over here.
Old August 7th, 2006, 09:50 PM
First Mate

Guess they are trying to gear towards europeans, I had not even thought of that! They need to add another ship in thier fleet!
Old September 9th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo
Guess they are trying to gear towards europeans, I had not even thought of that! They need to add another ship in thier fleet!
I also think they are trying to give their previous customers another reason to come back by giving them new choices. I agree, another ship or two in the Disney fleet would be nice. This would let them cover more territory. They still have 4 more days to turn ships at both Port Canaveral as well as at Castaway Cay for visits. Perhaps the business just isn't there to justify an expansion at this time. In any event, I wouldn't be surprised if Magic is in Alaska during the summer of 08.
Old September 9th, 2006, 07:50 AM
First Mate

selctsys, I didn't understand what you ment by "They still have 4 more days to turn ships at both Port Canaveral as well as at Castaway Cay for visits."

It would be interesting to see what type of activities they would plan for kids in alaska if they chose to go that route. (Snowman building with goffy? Sledding with mickey?) I have no interest in alaska at this time, but disney in alaska might change my mind.

For now I'm limited to when we cruise due to my daughter has started school. So I guess I'll just have to settle for my disney fix at disney world in october during her fall break...OH WELL
Old September 9th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo
selctsys, I didn't understand what you ment by "They still have 4 more days to turn ships at both Port Canaveral as well as at Castaway Cay for visits."
The Magic is typically in Port Canaveral 1 day a week when it is running 7 day cruises. The Wonder comes to port twice a week. Once for the 3 day cruise and a second time for the four day cruise.

This means that the pier is empty 4 days a week. A similar story is true at Castaway Cay.

Here is the math:

7 (days in a week) - 3 (days currently in use) = 4 (more days to use the facilities).

Hope this helps!
Old September 9th, 2006, 07:32 PM
First Mate

ok
NCL JEWEL 4/9/2006
DISNEY WONDER 6/15/06
NCL SUN 1/23/07 (girls trip!)
NCL PEARL 3/30/07
RCCI MAJESTY OF THE SEAS 8/27/07
NCL Sky 8/31/09 (Mom's Bday Cruise)
Disney Magic 10/17/09 with the baby!!
Next Cruise...NCL Dawn 6/6/10 NYC to Bermuda ;-)
Old September 14th, 2006, 02:30 AM
Beginner

My family of 4 is going 7/7/07 on the 11 day cruise. For category 9 it costs about $10K not including airfare and we booked this in May of '06. Now the price is over $11K! We haven't even booked air fare yet. We've done the 4 day and 7 day Disney cruise to Bahamas when our kids were 8 and 10 and they loved it. Next summer they will be 15 and 14 so we're hoping the teen program will keep them busy. Since Disney has never done France and Italy before we don't know what they haved planned for their on land excursions. We're guessing that the entire trip with airfare and excursions will be just under $20K! That's one heck of a price tag to celebrate a 20th wedding anniversary!
Beginner

My family of 4 is going 7/7/07 on the 11 day cruise. For category 9 it costs about $10K not including airfare and we booked this in May of '06. Now the price is over $11K! We haven't even booked air fare yet. We've done the 4 day and 7 day Disney cruise to Bahamas when our kids were 8 and 10 and they loved it. Next summer they will be 15 and 14 so we're hoping the teen program will keep them busy. Since Disney has never done France and Italy before we don't know what they haved planned for their on land excursions. We're guessing that the entire trip with airfare and excursions will be just under $20K! That's one heck of a price tag to celebrate a 20th wedding anniversary!
Beginner