Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Beginner

Default Teen question

im 15 and this is my first cruise. im going with my family and i have a brother whos 13. i can be outgoing, but im nervous about making friends on the ship, and what activities we will be doing. any tips or advicce to have a good time??
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Captain

No need to be shy, just be sure to go to the Stack the first day once in opens, because on the first day the counselors have games for you to play to get aquainted. Everyone there is feeling the same as you, they dont know anybody, at least you have a younger sibling you know.

They have lots for you to do and you will all get aquainted. There is a dance, pizza party, pool party, a scavenger hunt, karoake, a brains verses brawn contest, movies, arcade, ping pong, shuffleboard, shooting hoops, foos ball and dont forget to check out the events in studio sea everyday and evening too. That is a family night club filled with fun things everyday. When you make a friend or two you can go there with them and have fun without being in the teen club. if you wish.

Kathleen
Old September 19th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Don't be nervous .... we just got back from the Wonder with my granddaughters (18,15,13) and they had a wonderful time. The first day they were scared there wouldn't be enough teens (forget that), then they were afraid they wouldn't make friends (of course they did). From that point on we never saw them. They ran with the teens all day & all night, it was an effort to get them to have dinner with us. You will love it, there's never enough time for all the fun things they have! Enjoy your cruise!

Caribbean Princess
HAL Zuiderdam -October 2003
Disney Wonder - May 2004
HAL Statendam - May 2005
Disney Wonder - Sept 2006
Carnival Fantasy - Dec 2006
Carribean Princess - Oct 2007
Old September 19th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Teen question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubJoJo
im 15 and this is my first cruise. im going with my family and i have a brother whos 13. i can be outgoing, but im nervous about making friends on the ship, and what activities we will be doing. any tips or advicce to have a good time??
I agree with the other two responses. Just kick back and go the the teen hang out. Our boys were 7 and 13 when we first went and we saw them for breakfast and dinner and the rest of the time they hung out with the kids their age and came home with an address book full of emails and snail mail addresses so take an address book with you and a pen. you and your simbling will have a good time.

Disney Magic western side 5/05/2007
Regall Empress July 2003 <= Big Let Down
Disney Wonder July 2000
Old February 1st, 2007, 05:24 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to dancergirl3993

Ok, im 14 and have been on 2 Disney Cruises....dont be nervous about anything on the Disney Cruises....I was at first and ended up meeting about 15 new friends.... All you have to do if just go up to people and say hi...most likely they are nervous to meet new people too... So just be yourself and have a great time....Oh ya....deffinatly do the activity "Brains and Brawn" (if thay have it) or "Gotcha!" (if they have that) they are 2 very fun games/activites....just try to do as many activities as you can (or are able to) they are worth it, you get to know the people areound you more...hope this helps