Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2006, 02:00 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Boss7904 Send a message via MSN to Boss7904 Send a message via Yahoo to Boss7904
Default 6 adults 0 kids

[b]My friends and I plan to maybe go on a disney cruise on 2008. I've always wanted to go on a Disney cruise ever since I was a teenager. 3 of my friends never been to Disney. Me and another friend have been to Disney World ( five Years ago.) but, never on the cruise. One of my friends expressed a concern that we would be bombarded by kids and maybe have the worst time of our lives.

Does anybody have any feedback and/or opinions?

We plan to go in spring of 08. I was thinking late April or sometime in the month of May. Definatly before the start of the hurricane season. Will there be alot of kids on the ship during that time? I'm thinking that would be a good time to go beacause it's after spring break and some schools are still in session. Please Don't get me wrong we like kids and where Disney fanatics but we would also like to enjoy ourselves and have fun.

Does anybody know where I can find a good special with a possibility for an upgrade?

How much is the desposit? and can it be paid in installments?

Thanks[/b]

Grandeur of the seas (Bermuda) 2005
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Captain

Howdy,
dont owrry about being bothered too much by kids. Just avoid the Mickey pool area and you'll be fine.
Disney does a great job of having adult only areas and enforcing them. One adult only pool, 2 hot tubs, spa, weight room, coffee shop, 3 night clubs after 9 P.M. adult only restaurant called Palo's (reservation only), and a few tours that are 18 and older too. Wine and cheese tasting, martini tasting, art of entertainment series and more.

But please dont over look some of the family events too, they can really be fun. lots of Trivia around the ship, studio sea is afamily club with Karoke, talent shows, live shows in the WD theater.

adult only comedy show, magic/comedy show/ juggler/comedian show too. They also have a family show with them. both are must see shows.

There are a couple game show style games for adults only that are hilarous to watch too, one is called Know your mate or match your mate?? I tis a tak eoff from the newly wed game. This is awesome!!!

Anyway we have cruise several times just a s a couple and with kids and grandkids. All were awesome cruises.
People with the youngest kids usually try for early dining, so if you ask for late seating there will be less kids, but those who are there will be more tired and grumpy. DCL usually tries to sit adults with no kids with other adults with no kids when they can.
Do avoid spring break!!!
But th etime you mentioned above would be great, youa re going to have lots of kids all year round, after all it's disney!!! But during the school year you get more of the littleir kids on the ship. They have people all over th eship so much that you dont notice there being that many kids anyway, accept by the Mickey pool and Goofy's galley ( ice cream)
The deposit depends on the length of the cruise. I believe it is $250.00 for the shorter crusies and $500 for the longer cruise.

You can go to DCL's web site and order a free DVD that will give you lots of information on the cruises.

kathleen
Old September 24th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Boss7904 Send a message via MSN to Boss7904 Send a message via Yahoo to Boss7904

Thanks for the info I appreciate it.
Old September 25th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Beginner

This will be our fourth cruise on Disney. We love the shows and the ship itself. I would look at Disney Passporter it will answer a lot of your question. You can find it on the web or a book store. We have a teenager so we go when school is out.Any time school is going on the rates are lower and there should be fewer children. Good luck.
Old September 25th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Beginner

Default You will enjoy it

I have been on 2 Disney cruises with my family. Yes, there will be a ton of kids no matter when you book. But what is so special about Disney is that they have areas dedicated for adults only (pools, spas, restaurant). This is strictly enforced. It is totally relaxing and quiet.
A friend of mine who has been on many cruises went on Disney last year (he doesn't have any kids). He said Disney was the best cruise he had ever been on because of these adult only areas. Most other cruises have kids everywhere.
Speaking of restaurant highlighted above. The adult restaurant onboard (Palo) is the best food I have ever eaten in my entire life plus the attention and service you get is out of this world. Be sure to book as many reservations as you can AS SOON AS YOU GET ON BOARD! If you wait even a few hours, you may not get a reservation. Returning guests get to book 30 days in advance. Palo serves lunch, dinner, and hightea.
In conclusion, do it, you'll love it, you don't have to have kids to sail Disney.
Old September 26th, 2006, 08:29 AM
First Mate

Hello! We went on our first disney cruise in june this year and I'd have to say, it is the best kept secret for adult cruising!!!! Don't get me wrong, there were a ton of kids on the ship, but they are all occupied in organized activities. The adult only pool and cafe area was like something I've never seen before...a quiet oasis. I think I saw maybe 3 people in the adult pool/hot tub area the whole cruise. Then there is the adult only restraunt that is suppose to be wonderful (we didn't get to go).
And my favorite, Castaway cay's adult only beach...OMG!! I felt as though I was on the set of the corona comercial. Pure tranquillity! And what's even better, on the adult beach they have the adult only buffet and grill. I say DO IT! If you book now, you can just put down a downpayment (not sure how much, but a fraction of the total cost). Then make payments on it. Your final payment is due a couple of months prior to sailing. HAVE FUN!
NCL JEWEL 4/9/2006
DISNEY WONDER 6/15/06
NCL SUN 1/23/07 (girls trip!)
NCL PEARL 3/30/07
RCCI MAJESTY OF THE SEAS 8/27/07
NCL Sky 8/31/09 (Mom's Bday Cruise)
Disney Magic 10/17/09 with the baby!!
Next Cruise...NCL Dawn 6/6/10 NYC to Bermuda ;-)
Old October 11th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Beginner

We went to Walt Disney World/Disney Cruise Line in late June. We spent 4 days in the parks and stayed at the Animal Kingdom resort and 3 days on the cruise. We wern't sure if the kids would like the movement of the ship at all. All 4 of us loved the cruise much better than the park. We are hoping to do a 7 day cruise next December.

You can go to www.disneycruiseline.com and register, put your deposit and make your payments there. After the trip is paid. You can set your port excrustions from the site also. They will even set up airfair and pick you up at the airport and take you to the port. I found it better to plan it all, air fair and all, on that site. They take care of air fair, you can pick your seats about 3 weeks before the flight. They will transfer your lugage to the bus and then transfer it to the ship, and then reverse it all on the way home.

I recommend, if you are a member, to go to your AAA office. They told me, after I paid it all, that they can't discount the price but they can give you a ship board credit. They even told me, if I had booked it online at disney's site, they can make any remaining payments and you still get the credit.

You will LOVE the trip!
Old December 12th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Beginner

Default Re: 6 adults 0 kids

My husband and I are taking my daughter, son-in-law and three grandchildren on the Disney Magic for the third time on 12/29/06. We find Disney cruises to be the perfect family vacation with something for everyone. As adults, we can stay pretty much in the adult areas and not even realize there are children on the ship. Some of the shore excusions are geared more for adults and the spa treatments were delightful. On each of the three trips we have met many adults who were traveling without children because they enjoy the cruise. My husband and I have been cruising since the mid 1970's, taking our children on the Premier Line (the big Red Boat), Sitmar, Crystal, Princess, RCCL, NCL and Celebrity. Each cruise line has its high points but Disney does a great job for adults. If you decide to go to WDW, do it before the cruise, so you can "rest" on the cruise.
Old December 13th, 2006, 04:10 PM
First Mate

I am probably the one of the few who is against Disney for adults only cruise. Yes we had a ball with my Grandchildren and want to take them again in 2008. But when I book a cruise with adults I prefer Royal Caribbean. I did Disney with family in 2004 had a ball, RCCL with adult friends in 2005 we would not enjoy climbing over highchairs at dinner and have another RCCL booked with Adult friends in 2007. Want to take family Disney in 2008 but waiting to see where their summer cruise will be. Other friends who have traveled on Disneycruise and their families have agreed with me.
Old January 25th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Beginner

hi

Its just my husband and I traveling on a 7 night disney cruise....will we get bored ???

we have never cruised before, we love the outdoors, but also clubs, good food and entertainment...and i love all things mickey so we thought what better way but a disney cruise.

What activities do you recommend....and what deck should we choose to stay on???

late dining???

any other tips??

thanks
karen
Old January 26th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Captain

Hi Karen,
we have cruised Disney 13 times so far and many of those times were as a couple, plus we have 3 more cruises booked as just a couple!!

We are never for a loss of things to do on board.
Even though you have NO kids you still have many family events that are great to do as well as adult events.

Adult pool and 2 hot tubs
Spa (cost extra)
Bingo (cost extra)
Art of Entertaining Series(highly recommend)
Wine tasting
Martini tasting
Galley tour
movies
Live shows each evening
Family cabaret show
Adult cabaret show(hilarious)
several game show events
Ping pong tournament
shuffle board
basketball
foosball
Diversons sports bar(adult only after 9P.M.)
Cadilac lounge (romatic adult only lounge)
Rock n bar D (dance club(adult only after 9 P.M.
Ice carving
Several trivia sessions
Chip it golf
Pirate party ( a must do)
much more, but it would take forever to write it all down for you.

On the DCL website you can order a free DVD about the cruise, and there is a book called the Passporter that is loaded with information you will find helpful. You should be able to find it on line.

We like the Eastern 7 day best. Better shopping.
Which ine are you on??

We prefer early dining, but they have the shows arranged so you will have a chance to see it no matter when you eat. Most people with young kids like early because the kids get tired. You may consider that faxt when deciding too.

Food is very good in our opinion.

Ok, rooms?? We love the verandahs to sit out on early morning or late night, but you are practicially never in the room, so it may not be worth the extra money for you. There are 3 kinds of verandahs. Some have a better view than others. I will explain if your interested, just ask.

All port hole windows are on decks one and two. deck 2 has big windows, deck one are small windows.

If your worried about motion sickness I would recommend a room on deck 2 mid ship, those have the least amount of movement.

Even though there is more movement we like decks 7 and 8 AFT, because they are so close to the buffet, pools and outer decks we dont have to wait for an elevator, just zip up the stairs to deck 9. Very quiet too because the clubs are forward!

Most rooms have split bathrooms and a hair dryer which is nice. Disneys rooms are larger than other cruise lines, so even if you think it is like a hotel room, other lines are much smaller.

If you tell me which cruise your on I could probably tell you about some of the excursions and shopping.Plus I will tell you were to find a cruise meets thread for your cruise so you can get aquainted with others on your cruise. That makes for a great bonus for your cruise. Plus the others will help you with questions too.

There is just so much to tell people who are new to Disney.

You will have an awesome time!!!

I will try and help yuou with anyother questions you may come up with too, just ask,

Kathleen

20 DCL cruises and counting!
1 Carnival Glory cruise

Waiitng for the new ships to arrive for more magical cruises!!