Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Captain

Default Bad changes in entertainment on the Wonder!!!!

Hi everyone,
I just got confirmation from DCL about a rumor I had heard.

I was hoping it wasnt true!!

On the Wonder there will NO longer be a house band!!
That means NO live music at the sail away party.
NO live music in wave bands at night

There will still be a duo in the Promenade lounge.

I love DCL, but hey, for the price we pay I feel they are cheating us out of our entertainment when they take away our live house band. Their prices are double and even triple other lines, but I never minded paying more because of the wide variety of entertainment we had.
But it really upsets me that they are taking away the band. I think they are just trying to save a buck!!! At our expense.

If you agree with me, then PLEASE take a couple minutes and write and tell DCL just how you feel about this!! I feel cheated. If i wanted to sit and listen to music on CD's I would of stayed home!!!

They did not say when this would start, but I think it is about the 21st of this month or close to it.

here is an address you can write to:

dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com

or go to their web site and click on contact us.

If enough people write we can get this changed, but I nned everyones help!! Even if you dont cruise on the Wonder, help those who do by taking 5 minutes to write.

Thankyou very much for your help,

Kathleen
Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2006, 09:27 AM
First Mate

Taking away the live band is terrible. All the ships have this, why do they feel this is not necessary? With such a big price tag on disney cruises, how much do they really think they are going to benefit?

This is such a shame. But not a shock to me. We just got back from disney world and feel like there have been little cut backs here and there all around the Disney world parks as well. They aren't real noticeable but they are there. For example...Annual pass holders and disney visa holders only being allowed in to certain attractions...having to pay $$$extra to get back into the magic kingdom for the halloween party...
lack of enthusiasm from a very few cast members...(I do mean only a few) but this should not be allowed. No double decker bus with characters to greet us as we entered epcot. Nothing magical done to our room like it was done the last time we stayed at the allstar movies resort.

Disney better wake up and bring back the band and all the little things that make disney what it is!
NCL JEWEL 4/9/2006
DISNEY WONDER 6/15/06
NCL SUN 1/23/07 (girls trip!)
NCL PEARL 3/30/07
RCCI MAJESTY OF THE SEAS 8/27/07
NCL Sky 8/31/09 (Mom's Bday Cruise)
Disney Magic 10/17/09 with the baby!!
Next Cruise...NCL Dawn 6/6/10 NYC to Bermuda ;-)
Old October 17th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Captain

Hi Kim,
between 4 boards I have posted on I have had a huge response.
This is the only site where I havnt had alot of people writing to DCL.

Only 2 who PM'd me about it.
But for those who are listening out there.
I have friends who work on the Disney Wonder and they wroite me last that there is a BUZZ all over the ship about the letters that people have been writing about the music on board.

They had NO idea I had asked people to wrote about this.

That tells us that we have DCL's attention.

Mow is the time to push hard with the letters!!

Even if you worte once, wait about 5 days and write again and ask if they have given your letter any consideration. That gives you an excuse to bring up your views again and remind them of how un happy you are about the lack of live music.

Thanks again,

Kathleen
Old October 18th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

Amazing given the premium pricing Disney charges.
Old October 18th, 2006, 06:54 AM
Captain

That is exactly what I wrote and told them!!!!you should tell them too, every letter counts!!

Kathleen
Old October 19th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Bad changes in entertainment on the Wonder!!!!

I just sent an email to Disney on this topic. I will be curious to hear what they say about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Templeton
Hi everyone,
I just got confirmation from DCL about a rumor I had heard.

I was hoping it wasnt true!!

On the Wonder there will NO longer be a house band!!
That means NO live music at the sail away party.
NO live music in wave bands at night

There will still be a duo in the Promenade lounge.

I love DCL, but hey, for the price we pay I feel they are cheating us out of our entertainment when they take away our live house band. Their prices are double and even triple other lines, but I never minded paying more because of the wide variety of entertainment we had.
But it really upsets me that they are taking away the band. I think they are just trying to save a buck!!! At our expense.

If you agree with me, then PLEASE take a couple minutes and write and tell DCL just how you feel about this!! I feel cheated. If i wanted to sit and listen to music on CD's I would of stayed home!!!

They did not say when this would start, but I think it is about the 21st of this month or close to it.

here is an address you can write to:

or go to their web site and click on contact us.

If enough people write we can get this changed, but I nned everyones help!! Even if you dont cruise on the Wonder, help those who do by taking 5 minutes to write.

Thankyou very much for your help,

Kathleen

Disney Magic western side 5/05/2007
Regall Empress July 2003 <= Big Let Down
Disney Wonder July 2000
Old October 19th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Captain

Thanks Tracy,
I have lots of people who have written but other than the automated response when they first sent it, they still havnt got a response yet. I havnt either.
But if I dont hear back in a few days i will write again!!
Cant let them get away with not answering us!! Please let me know if you get an answer from them.

They are probably over whelmed with the hundreds of letters they have got these past few days. People on these boards are so great about helping other sout!!!

Thanks again,
Kathleen
Old October 20th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Captain

Hi,
I just wanted to let you guys know that from all the boards I posted on NOBODY has received a reply yet.
On one board over 4100 people have read my post. Many, many people have written too. So even though not many here have responded, we are not alone!! Hundreds have written. we are NOT alone!!

If you dont receive a response by Tuesday, please consider re-sending your letter again!! Lots of people are going to do this.
It should be in your sent file, so just copy and paste it, no need to write it again. You may want to add , this is your second letter and you would appreciate an answer from them this time!!!!
That should help to get their attention.

I will let you know if anyone posts that they received a reponse from DCL.

Thanks again for all your efforts!! We are making a difference!!!

Kathleen
Old October 21st, 2006, 01:51 PM
Captain

Hi everyone,
well hundreds have written but no answers yet, so I have 2 more addresses where we can send our letters.

If you still have no response from DCL maybe you would like to send your letter again.
It should still be in your sent bax, so you can just copy and paste it to the new address. It will only take aminute.

The first address is the DCL spokesperson, the second is an executive at DCL.
When these people get involved heads will roll as the saying goes, so plesase do one more letter for the cause!! You can send the same letter to both places even.

rena.langley@disney.com

tom.mcalpin@disney.com

Thanks everyone,

mom x4,grandma x4
Old October 25th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Captain

Hi y'all,
I just wanted to say that people on other boards have started redeivig letters from DCL. It was a generic letter telling of all the impovments they have made and how they try hard to maintain a high quality etc...

This shows they are listening. by the way the responses are titled you can tell that disney took the time to look up each and every person to see if they had cruised with them before.
One lady who wrote hadnt taken a cruise yet, she was researching it out and read my post and she felt she would like the live music when she booked too. The letter she got was not bad, but it was kind of cold and stated she hadnt even sailed witht hem yet and she was making a judgement. Boy she got MAD amd wrote back and told them she had been considering it and wanted live music on any cruise she may take.

I dont think she will book with disney anytime soon!!!

Anyway I wanted you to know we do have their attention which is what we wanted.
I hit the reply button on my letter and did respond to their response. I simply stated that I did enjoy the new jumbo movie screen and having captain jack sparrow on board, but I still believe they need to have the live band on board. Because live music adds so much to the cruise experience.
Then I asked one question.

If you keep things as they are on the Wonder, how long before you take away the live band on the Magic????
I will see how they answer that one!!!

Kathleen
Old October 25th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Passenger

I asked if they was planning on dropping the amount of the cruise with this change or have a comparable replacement(s). Or do they plan on cutting back on everything and raising the prices of the cruises as well so make it not worth going anymore. ....lol..sorry i am a very blunt person when it comes to that stuff.

Quote:
If you keep things as they are on the Wonder, how long before you take away the live band on the Magic????

Kathleen

Disney Wonder July 2000
Old October 25th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Captain

Good job tracy!!!
sometimes the direct approach is the best appraich.

kathleen
Old October 30th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Captain

Well I can hardly believe it, but almost everyday someone else posts and tells me they have just send a letter, so we are still moving forward.

I also just read a report from someone just off the Wonder. They had attended the Castaway Club reception which is for repeat cruisers. last year it was punch, mixed drinks,several trays of different hor durves(spelling??). This time they had (warm) can a pops, and Mickey crunchies.
That is really a big cutback, what a rotton deal!!! If that's all the better party they can give to their repeat guests they would be better off not even having a party!!!
I know people wll write about that too!!

I love DCL but if they keep cutting back like this they will be in financial trouble soon, because a lot of people are planning on going to other lines. Nobody wants to pay double for their cruise and have so many amenities taken away from them.

Now we will just wait and see what happens. I know next month if I go to the castaway party and it's can a pops and Mickey chrunchies, they will hear from me again!!!

I'll keep you posted,
kathleen
Old November 4th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Passenger

I finally received a letter back from disney on this topic. they basically told me that it will only be affecting the Wonder and not the Magic. They plan on leaving the Live music on the Magic. They also said there was several other plans they wanted to do. So we shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTOH
I asked if they was planning on dropping the amount of the cruise with this change or have a comparable replacement(s). Or do they plan on cutting back on everything and raising the prices of the cruises as well so make it not worth going anymore. ....lol..sorry i am a very blunt person when it comes to that stuff.

Quote:

Kathleen

Disney Wonder July 2000
Old November 4th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Captain

Thanks tracy,
I will write a trip report after we get back from our 11/25 cruise, hopefully with some good news.
They told me along the same line accept they also stated that all entertainment is subject to change at any time.
That left it open to keep or get rid of the band at anytime.

I'll keep you posted and if you hear anything, please let me know!!

Thanks, Kathy
Old November 4th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Admiral

Quote:
I will write a trip report after we get back from our 11/25 cruise, hopefully with some good news.
I don't get; so explain it to me.

A whole thread on this site as well as other sites slapping Disney up one side and down the other, and you are going on a cruise with them 11.25?

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old November 4th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Captain

Yes I am going soon and have 2 more booked.
You missed the point of these threads.

We are not BASHING Disney.
We LOVE DCL!!!
And it is because we LOVE disney that we dont want them to keep taking away things that we love on our cruises.

Example:
The Steel Drum Band. this is a trio that plays and sings Caribbean style music by the family pool, in Parrot Cay restaurant and on Castaway Cay. This is AWESOME!! We love it. It sets the mood for the cruise.
They have taken them away and not replaced them with any sort of music.
This was a big part of our cruise so we want DCL to know how much it meant to us and that we really would like it back again.

Wonder Live Band:

same idea. We LOVE the live music at the sail away party and in the clubs at night. This is a big part of the enjoymet of our cruise. They took them away and replaced them with a DJ and some CD's. To most of us this is like turning on the radio at home.
We Love watching alive performance.

These items and others were all a part of what made DCL so different from other lines, it is all part of the Disney Magic!!

We dont want to loose our magic!!

Since many people feel this way we have banded together to let Disney know how important these things are to us, how they add so much enjoyment to our cruise.

They cant read our minds, if we have a problem we need to let them know. Even on the ship they tell you to please express your opinions on the entire cruise and that our opinions are very important to them.
So that is what we are doing.
It just seems for some reason Disney has make several major changes in the past month that we consider bad changes.

I still highly recomment disney to all who ask. It is a great cruise line, but they made a few bad decisions lately.

I hope that helps you to understand some, we are writing because we love dcl and want it to remain an EXCELLANT cruise.If I didnt love it, I would not use my valuable time to write them or post on any boards.

kathleen