Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2006, 01:41 PM
Captain

Default More cutbacks from DCL???

Hi,
ok here are some more cutbacks.

The castaway club for repeat cruisers always has a reception with the Captain and his officers. This is a nice perk for repeat guests.
They have always served puch, mixed drinks, shrimp, cookies, tiny cakes and pastries, kabobs, fruit and much more. But now they have been serving can a pops and Mickey crunchies. Plus on 2 different cruises people complained that the can a pops were warm!!!

what is happening here??
Prices go up and amentities go down??

The Steel Drum Band is now gone too, just like the live band is gone from the Wonder.
For those who dont know the Steel Drum Band is the trio that plays the Caribbean style music around the pool and in Parrot Cay and on CC by the gazebo at lunch time. Every time we have heard them ( 12 times) there were very good.
They just set the whole atmosphere for the entire cruise, after all we are on a Caribbea cruise, so why take away the Caribbean music??

I think DCL is just trying to save a buck at out expense.
For other details read my other post on this thread about bad entertainment changes on the Wonder.

Plus they dont have as many things to choose from to do during the day
food quality in the buffet has gone downhill.

I know you probably think I'm just a complainer, but I LOVE DCL and the only way I know to get back the MAGIC we use to experience on our cruises is to write and tell everyone what is happening in hopes they will feel the same and take a few minutes to write and ask them to bring back the live band and the steel drum band, bring back the regular duos they use to have.

Many people on other sites have written, but we need EVERYONE to write to get things changed. DCL does listen to their guests, but we have to tell them how we feel. They cant read our minds.

Please write to make it better for all of us.

Thankyou,
Kathleen

dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com
Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Captain

Hi,
just waned to tell ll of you that if youhave a spa reservation on an up soming cruise you may want to double check the length of time you are alloted.
It seems that several people have discovered that the times for their spa treatments have been cutback from 25 to 40minutes, with no explaination.
This is NOT for all treatments, but it was several of them.
A few people have cancelled because they price is still the same although the treatment time has been cut cnosiderably.

One more cutback!!!

If you have a reservation for an upcoming cruise, I suggest that you check the length to make sure your not being cutback too.

I will be checking things out in person later this month when we cruise with DCL. I hope to post a good trip report, but with all the recent cutbacks I am getting worried that it wont be as great a crusie as I usually have. I know we will have a good time, but we usually have an awesome time,

Kathleen
Old November 6th, 2006, 06:00 AM
First Mate

Kathy...I just read your message about the massage/spa cut backs. Geeze! What is going on here! This is so sorry of disney to be cutting back. I really don't know if we will be returning to disney world for a while till they make some changes. It seems as though they are starting to get too relaxed which is taking away from the "magic". I forgot to mention about the first day we got to magic kingdom last month....as we were walking down main street towards the caste, guess what we saw???
A huge crane next to the caste. My 4yr old daughter said, mommy what they doing? (they were painting). Walt Disney himself would never have allowed this.
Old November 6th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Captain

Kim,
They are still painting the castle. It had a lot of gold added to it for the last 18 month celebration, now they are re-painting it for the year of a million dreams celebration.
I told Greg yesterday when we were there that a lot ofpeople are gonna be mad when they take their family photos with the castle in the background with that big crane showing!!
If you buy the professional pictures they use a picture they already have for the background. But many dont want top buy pictures they want to take their own.

The news just broke in and said Gatorland is on fire, I just saw pictures . It is terrible. It is a landmark in the Orlando area. My grandkids love to go there and see all the anmials and the educational shows they have. It has been open since the 1940's ad just finished a BIG remodel job.
I know they have insurance, but it is still very sad!!!

Thank God nobody was there at the time. so far all the animals are safe.They are not sure, but maybe a gas line exploded they said because it is so intense.

well gotta go now, I will post a detailed report of good and the not so good changes from our 11/25 cruise when we get back.

Keep in touch,
Kathy
Old November 7th, 2006, 08:16 AM
First Mate

Thats terrible about gatorland. Hope no animals or people were hurt!
Old November 7th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Captain

The final count was 2 dead gators and a few exoitc snakes.

The fire stayed all across the front of the park, so the park itself is ok. They hope to have a temporary entrance on the side in 2 or 3 weeks for people to come, just no gift shop or offices left..

First the fire deparment has to make sure there are NO hot spots ad they have to make it safe for people to walk by and to clear the parking lot at one end for people to park.

They ar elucky tha tis lal they lost, because it was a huge fire and with all the gators at the back of the building the firmen couldnt get back there to fight the fire.

Kathy
Old November 8th, 2006, 09:37 PM
First Mate

geeze!
Old November 9th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Captain

They are now working on a side entrance and to secure the burned area. They hope to re-open the day before Thnaksgiving!!!

They finally decided that the heater for the 2 snakes in the back of the gift shop shorted out and caused the fire. Plus in the middle of the gift shop, where the worst fire was there is a small kitchen type area where they make and sell candies and snacks.
They had extra chemicals and grease there that exploded.

At least they are rebuilding and getting back to being open again very quickly.

Kathleen