Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Beginner

Default Traveling with Infant on Magic - Questions!

HI - We're traveling with our 6 month-old daughter (along with our 6 & 4 year old girls) on the Magic at the end of this month...

This is our 2nd cruise on the Magic -- We enjoyed it so much last September! I know what to expect with my older girls, but as far as the baby....I am trying to plan what to bring:

(1) Pureed baby food -- Is this easily accessible? She's still eating pretty basic things right now...They said I could buy it at Treasure Ketch, as well, but want to know if it's expensive/easy to buy/variety? Better to bring a food mill & bring it to dinners?

(2) Babysitting -- I know that I am limited to how often I can use the babysitting () -- Can I sign up for more time once I get onboard?

(3) Strollers -- I will have to bring my stroller with car seat, since she's not sitting up by herself. It folds pretty compact -- will this be an issue?

** Any other suggestions would be very helpful **

FYI: * We do have a room with a verandah (since we are now a family of 5 - we had to upgrade to fit the playyard).

Thanks ahead of time!!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Captain

Hi, they must hide the baby food because in 13 cruises I have never seen it. It must be a small selection. I know at dinner with our grandson they offered to puree anyhthng on the menu if we wanted for him.
But I do know that anything you buy on dcl is more expensive than at home.

Your probably better off bringing stuff from home just in case.
They do have wooden high chairs, if your baby is sitting up.

Strollers , ok I would strongly suggest an umbrella type stroller. Regular size barely fit in the hallways and if you meet someone in the halls it is really hard to get by. The stores are small and very diffcult to take a stroller in, both on the ship and in the ports you visit. Plus if you do excurion whether it is by bus or boat you won thave much room even when the stroller is folded, so the smaller the better.
Umbrella strollers also can take the place of a high chair if you want. Your wait staff will remove a chair for you. Many people do this.

Yes you can often get extra hours at Flounders during the cruise. It just depends on how many people are using it. It is still reservation only. You just have to check back each day to see if they have any openings left, if so then they will usually let you take the spot with no problems.

Kathleen

20 DCL cruises and counting!
1 Carnival Glory cruise

Waiitng for the new ships to arrive for more magical cruises!!
Old January 19th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Beginner

Thank you Kathleen. You were very helpful.

I will report back regarding the baby food because that sounds suspicious to me, as well.
Old January 19th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Captain

I do appreciate knowing about the baby food when you return. it may help me the next time someone asks about it, I will know for sure.

I just cant remember seeing it?? Of course that doesnt mean it isnt there.

Have a great trip,

Kathleen

1 Carnival Glory cruise

Old January 29th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Beginner

Default Let me know...

AWallace - let me know how it goes. Kathleen's been really helpful to me too...I'm curious what you experience.
Old January 30th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Captain

Just thought you'd like to know i just read a report from a lady who took her baby on disney and she said there was NO baby food for sale. She was on the Wonder, although both ships should be the same.

Of course they may of been out of it, she didnt say if she asked about it, she just said they didnt have any in the store.
Just thought I would pass it along for what it is worth,

Kathleen

1 Carnival Glory cruise