Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Passenger

Default Childcare on Disney cruise.

On Carnival Cruises there are is evening child care for kids of most ages and late night pajama parties, etc. I can't find any kind of child care for kids except for babies up to age 3. We will be taking our 9 year old daughter with us and were hoping for a couple of free adult nights, and maybe a little bit of adult time during the day. Is there anything available on Disney Cruise line? If so, where do I find the info. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Captain

They have great kids programs fo the older kids. Meaning anyone who is potty trained.
Flounders is for the unpottty trained toddlers and babies. The Oceaneers club and Lab are for the older kids. They open up around 10 a.m. I believe and stay open until midnight and sometimes later for a speical occassion.
There is NO charge. You do need to sign the kids up for this. You can do this when you pay off your cruise on line and I think around 45 days before your cruise. Not sure of the exact day out requirement for first time cruisers.
You can also sign them up in the terminal after you check in, look near the cafe for the spot. You can also do this on board, but it is much easier to to do ahead of time, NO lines.
Once on board you will be given a beeper for the kids so they can reach you if needed. Most of the time you just show up at the clubs and check them in and then pick them up when your ready. Kids over 7 can have the option to check themselves in and out of the clubs with your permission too. They will even take the kids and feed them if you want a quiet dinner. But you have to sign them up for it.
There are a few special events the kids have to sign up ahead of time for, but for the most part they just show up and do what they want, lots to choose from.

As far as finding information on this I am not sure where you should look.
If you go to the DCL offical web site you can pribably find something under things to do on the ship. I know if you order the free DVD they offer it will shw you some pictures of the kids areas, so you may want to do that. There is a book called The Passporter that you can buy that is filled full of great information about DCL cruises.

But believe me for a 9 year old they can be gone for hours and hours having a blast while you relax. Disney is made to entertain the kids so the parents can have a good time too!!!

Kathleen

20 DCL cruises and counting!
1 Carnival Glory cruise

Waiitng for the new ships to arrive for more magical cruises!!
Old February 6th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Passenger

thanks so much for the info.
Old February 17th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to jhannah

I would second Kathleen's recommendation to get a PassPorter DCL guide. It's chocked full of very useful information. You can get one from their website or from online stores like Amazon.