Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default I finally did it.

I finally booked my first Disney cruise. We are sailing on September 8th doing the 7 day western caribbean. I choose an inside cabin category 11 to cut costs. I am trying to decide if it is worth the extra money for an ocean view for this trip.

What night is best for Palo? I was thinking the second to last night.

09/29/07 Disney Magic
2005 Norwegian Sea
2004 Carnival Inspiration
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Captain

Default Great !!!

Palos would be fine the next to the last night.
Then main thing is the first 3 nights to experience each diningroom. Because things like the walls lighting up in Animators Palate onlyhappen the first night you are in there, the 2nd time it wont happen, so bring your camera the first time through!!
Plus you dont want to miss Pirate night. But I think it is the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise. So you should be fine with 2nd from the last night.

Just be sure to take your camera with you everywhere,
I fyou arrive early and board early it is the perfect time to get some great shots of the ship before it gets full of people. You cant go to your room until 1:30, so baord at 11:30 when it starts and have lunch, then still plentyof time to do pictures before it gets crowded.

after youpass through security youwill be given a boarding pass. When they call your number youwill get to board. The earlier you arrive the lower your number will be. Port opens at 10 a.m., that is when we arrive.

I fyou have any questions, please ask, I have been on the Magic a few times.
Kathy

20 DCL cruises and counting!
1 Carnival Glory cruise

Waiitng for the new ships to arrive for more magical cruises!!
Old March 25th, 2007, 05:04 AM
First Mate

Default Re: I finally did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie
I finally booked my first Disney cruise. We are sailing on September 8th doing the 7 day western caribbean. I choose an inside cabin category 11 to cut costs. I am trying to decide if it is worth the extra money for an ocean view for this trip.

What night is best for Palo? I was thinking the second to last night.
I am looking at this same cruise. I am already booked on the Liberty of the Seas but wife may want to jump ship. Price is still higher than the Liberty cruise though. :o

Has Disney joined the ranks of lines that don't allow discounting?

We'd like to get a cat 10 if possible. Will be keeping an eye on the prices.

Do you get anything for being a past guest on DCL?

Bill
Old March 25th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Captain

Some TA's will offer a few hundred $$ room credits instead of a discount on DCL. DCL does offer a discount sometimes for Florida residents if the ship isnt full the last 6 weeks before sailing. They dont advertise it, you have to research it yourself

Return guests do get a gift in their room. It varies from time to time. We have received nice big beach towels with the ships on them, lanyards with special edition pins that cant be bought anywhere, beach tote bag fill with all kinds of things like, sun block, magnet, tumblers, note pad and pen,mesh tote bags for wet swim suits, and much more, antoher type of tote bag another time too, and they use to give a captain mickey pin with the ships wheel in his hands.
Special check in line at the terminal too.
there is a special reception on board for returning guests where you mingle, meet the captain and officers, have snacks and beverages and can win a prize. Last time was a silver clock with the DCL design on it, quite nice and very heavy. all metal frame. i was lucky enough to get one in the drawing.

Kathleen

20 DCL cruises and counting!
1 Carnival Glory cruise

Waiitng for the new ships to arrive for more magical cruises!!
Old March 25th, 2007, 02:22 PM
First Mate

Kathleen,

Thank you for all the info. Unfortunately I don't live in Florida so I can't get that discount and I'm going to have to book this if we are going to switch before the RCI cruise is into the penalty phase.

I'll just keep checking every day and hope one day it goes down a little.

Thanks again

Bill
Old March 25th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

From what I have noticed DCL doesn't discount their prices much. It helped that by working for a travel agency I recieved a 15% discount. I decided on DCL over the other cruise lines mainly for the extra entertainment for the children. I figure by the time we get off the ship we probably will save money by not gambling. To save money you may want to think of a Cat 11 as neither have oceanview.

09/29/07 Disney Magic
2005 Norwegian Sea
2004 Carnival Inspiration