Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Beginner

Default Disney again or Freedom of the Sea?????

Have a children would like to take the one for his 9th birthday can't deside!
Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Passenger

I thought Disney was the best until I got in the Freedom of the Seas. I have 2 kids and they had a blast. Freedom has a lot of onboard activities. They have the mini-golf , ice skating, wall climbing, wave-runner , kids splash deck, kids pool etc. All the nightly shows are great and they even have parades. Food everywhere and a variety of shops. They sell a lot of jewelry in particular. Beds are very comfy.
Old May 10th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Captain

WOW, what a tough choice. I think both would be great cruises for a kid.
But since your son is 9, he may not be into the characters any more.
If not I think I would go for the Freedom of the Seas.

If heis still into characters or pirates I would do disney. Most boys love pirate stuff. The pirate party is a of fun. Getting to dress as a pirate for dinner and all night through the party is great fun. Having a photo with captain Jack Sparrow is a nice touch too.

If he loves the POC movies he may like to see the Flying Dutchman at CC. Plus at certain times Captain jack will be on the sand near the ship for photos with the Flying Dutchman behind him. This is a great photo to show his buddies back home.
I fyou decide to do this, dont take the tram to the beach, you must walk in to do the photo with the Captain. it is not a long walk. Check your navigator for the time he will be out for pictures.
Plus on pirate night he is usually available at least once during the day for photos. One trip it wa sin the morning the other trips it was in the evening.
Those photos are the ones people comment about the most when we show our pictures to people. grandkids loved going to school and showing their photos to friends. They thought they woul dbe bringing home photos of Mickey Mouse not captain Jack.

So just think what does he like to do the best??
Either ship will offer him a cruise of a life time I'm sure.

kathleen

20 DCL cruises and counting!
1 Carnival Glory cruise

Waiitng for the new ships to arrive for more magical cruises!!