Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2007, 04:03 PM
Beginner

Default Traveling with infants on the cruise

We are leaving for our Disney Cruise on Jan 6, 2008. This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise. We are so excited to go again. I think we found our new vacation hang out. We are traveling with another family too.
Our infants will be age 7 months and 10 months. Does Disney provide the room with a port a crib? Is there a cost for it? How often can we use the nursery? Any more tips that would be helpful I would appreciate. The other children are older and they just go to the kids club and have a blast...

Thank you for any info,
Wendy
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2007, 04:13 PM
Captain

Hi Wendy,
you need to ask for the crib when you book, so if you already booked, call back and request it. It is free but they only have a limited amount and it is first come first serve.

I know they do limit the amount of hours you can use Flounders Nursery that way everyone can get a chance to use it. $6 per hour minimum 2 hours. I'm sorry I dont remember how many hours you are limited to.

I know if people cancel you can pick up extra hours if you keep checking back with them.
If you want them to play in the splash zone for little ones bring swim diapers. They do sell them on board but they run out quickly and are expensive to buy. In the winter sometimes they are hard to find in the stores too.
You didnt say which ship your on but the Wonder has a new splash zone by the slide , on the magic one of the mickey ears has water jets for babies to get wet at. I think the Magic will get a new splash zone like the Wonder has next drydock this winter.

Hope this helps some,
Kathleen

20 DCL cruises and counting!
1 Carnival Glory cruise

Waiitng for the new ships to arrive for more magical cruises!!
Old July 31st, 2007, 04:28 PM
Beginner

Hi Kathleen,
I am so glad to see you are still here on the site. You were so helpful to our family last year when we took our Disney Cruise. We had so much fun and all your tips helped make our trip. We got the pillowcases signed, we did the chocolate chip cookies at night with milk, and we put some fruit in our fridge at night. Thank you very much for your info. I will have to call back and request 2 cribs. We are taking another family and this will be their first cruise. Their children range from 7months to 7 years. Perfect age and my 6 year old is excited to be taking her baby sister which will be 10 months old at the time. She is almost 5 months now.
Do you know if the will still have the boat decorated for Christmas? We will be going on the Wonder...Also, it will be my friend's birthday at the time of cruising. I would love to have is room decorated. Any good - inexpensive ideas for that??

Thanks again.
Wendy
Old July 31st, 2007, 06:32 PM
Captain

Hi Wendy,
I am glad I helped you last year. This year your the pro!
Usually they take down the decorations down the first week of January.
Once we went on the 4th or th of January and they took them down while we were on obard, so I wouldnt count on having it decorated.

I know Disney does birthday decorations but I think they are spendy. we did an anniversary decorations once thru DCL and they were nice. The infomation will come to you in a booklet well in advance of your cruise.

I dont know the cost but maybe a birthday basket from Shirley at The perfect Gift?? She does an awesome job and will personalize the basket to his likes if you ask. She will have it in your room waiting for him to find.

Also if you tell whom ever you booked with about a birthday on board they will bring him out a cake and sing happy birthday. You need to verify this through your dining room manager to make sure the information was passed on to him. I'm sure you saw and heard celebrations last year while you were on board.
We have done that a few times and it is free.

You could make a birthday door sign and put on his door as a surprize.

I know you can order a cake through DCL in that booklet they will send you too and have it waiting in the room if you want.

I will give it some thought and see if I can think of something for the inside of the room that is inexpensive to do.

But I do think a magnetic door sign would be nice on the door, you could even put his picture on it and maybe a baby picture on it or a funny child hood photo. Along with happy Birthday and his name.

Kathleen

1 Carnival Glory cruise

Old August 2nd, 2007, 08:35 AM
Captain

Wendy, about all I can think of for the room decorations are like a birthday centerpiece you can sit on the coffee table and maybe a happy birthday sign.
The problem is they dont want you sticking pins or tacks in the walls.
Magnetic signs will stick to the inside or outside of the door, so you could decorate with them ok, but anything that hangs up would have to be light wieght and maybe fasten with paper clips on the top of the divider curtain?? Or sit on the table.

Brightly colored streamers could be paper clipped to the top of the curtain and just hang down the curtain too.

sorry I cant be of more help,

kathy

1 Carnival Glory cruise