Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Beginner

Default tips for cruising with infant

Hey everyone-
My husband and I are sailing on Jan. 26 on our first Disney cruise, we're so excited. Our 4 month soon to be 5 month old daughter is also coming with us and I was wondering if anyone has any tips for traveling with an infant.
Thanks for any advice you can give.
Katie T.
Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Yeah, wait til she's fourteen.

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10
Golden Princess
Old January 7th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Seriously, check some of the threads below, at least two of them deal with cruising with infants.

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10
Golden Princess
Old January 7th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Captain

just acouple of things I can say:

the cooler in your room is just that a cooler, not a frig so it wont keep formula cold, only cool if that is of concern.
If os I would advise bringing a small soft sided cooler and ask your oom host to bring you ice twice a day and keep your formulas in there.

There are NO microwaves on board to heat baby foods, although you can get hot water to set food in.
Our servers offered to have anything on the menu pureed for the baby with our group if we wanted. fruits, or veggies, so that may help you too.

Flounders is a small but nice nursery. It is reservation only and spots do go quickly. it is $6 per hour, minimum 2 hour charge.
It is almost one on one for care in there, lots of the time for those under 6 months it is one on one for most of their stay.
There is a good size 2 way window you can look through to check on her baby when ever you want.
the Nursery has an open house the first afternoon shortly after boarding so you can check them out. deck 5 half way between mid ship and aft.

Bring lots of your own toys for deck time.
deck 9 can be pretty hectic for a little one but if you want some quieter time go to deck 4. Many moms push strollers around deck 4s jogging path until the baby falls asleep then they sit onthe padded loungers and watch the ocean while the baby sleeps, also you can go tot he secret decks on 7 and 8 for quiet , but there is no shade there
Just go as far aft as you can and you will see a wooden door with a tiny window, go out there for a nice quiet deck area that most people dont know about. You could move a couple of loungers over and drape a blanket to make shade to set her under so she can play a bit while you relax.

One of the mickey ears on the magic is just water jets. It is for toddlers or babies in swim diapers to play in. You can sit on the edgeof the ear to keep an eye in her. bring lots of swim diapers. They sell them on board but they run out quickly and charge alot for them.

On the Wonder they had a new water play area by the Mickey slide for babies with swim diapers.

I fyou want on castaway cay you can rent abike with a baby seat on it and take a bike ride if she can sit up and wear a childs helmet. she may be abit young for that.

I would suggest taking an umbrella style stroller because the regular size ones take up the entire hallway and it is hard for people to get around.

most of the places on the islands accept in key west have bad sidewalks and are difficult to navigate a stroller, so it is much easier to have the small umbrella stroller

You can order a crib for your room for free. so if you havnt done that I would call now and book it. They usually run out by cruise time.

You will be missing us by 2 days, we are cruising on the 24th
Have a magical cruise,

kathleen

20 DCL cruises and counting!
1 Carnival Glory cruise

Waiitng for the new ships to arrive for more magical cruises!!
Old January 7th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Beginner

Thanks for everyone's replies, I'm starting to feel more at ease about the trip. Have fun on you cruise Kathleen!
Thanks,
Katie T.
Old January 7th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Captain

You'll have a great time, just relax and enjoy.

You will see lots of little ones on board,

Kathleen

1 Carnival Glory cruise

Old April 30th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Passenger

Default has anyone actually ruised with a 2 year old?

Hi, i am cruising with my 2 year old - well she will be 2 on the 2nd day of our cruise. was wondering if anyone has actually done it and how did it turn out? I have lots of worries and concerns and my husband is just so easy going about it. I am concerned about her getting ill while on the cruise - and i have heard that she can't go in the pool unless potty trained.
Well, let's face it 10 year olds are potty trained and we all know that most of them pee in the pools - gross but you know it happens at all the water parks.

Any advice from someone who has actually done this?

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your help. By the way, I am asking this of my fellow Disney fans because I have faith that you will truly be helpful and not synical like those on other lines. So far I have gotten maybe 1 helpful answer and the others seemed to just not want to be on a cruise with a toddler. I understand where they are coming from, having been single and carefree myself, but i also know that I am not the first and won't be the last to take a baby on a cruise.

Thanks again!
Old May 1st, 2008, 12:22 AM
Captain

funygirl, I sent you a PM with some info about cruising with a 2 yea rold.

Kathy

1 Carnival Glory cruise