Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Beginner

Default seasickness shots/jabs

please can somebody tell me if the doctor on board dcl can administer a seasickness shot/injection because without this i cannot cruise at all after previouse cruises on different ships i would wake up on day 2 and as soon as i sit upright i become very ill and last time threw up for 9 hours till i had the shot injection from the doctor onboard so i need to definately know if it is available if i need it again i had to have it 3 times in 7 days on last 2 cruises bonine or british equivelent sea legs doesnt touch it and i even got some tablets last time from my doctor before i went stemitil they didnt help either then i tried ginger no help and i had the wrist bands i havent been able to get the patches from my doctor
Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Sorry, for your plight. I don't know what stemitil is.

I do know I would only recommend Ginger or wristbands for early onset symptoms. It sounds like you have very serious issues.

Other seasickness solutions that MIGHT (I am NOT a doctor) work for you include the scopalamine patch. The benefit is the medicine goes in through your skin, unlike a pill which if you are already nauseated you cannot keep it down long enough.

Other pills in th US include Bonine and Dramamine, different formulas. One may work bettr for you. I recommend Bonine, it lasts 24 hours and perhaps if you took it before you set sail you would be well, and could keep taking them.

There are also shots, and I do believe the doctor onboard can administer them - but I hope someone else will come along to verify this for me.

I have to wonder if perhaps your previous cruise experience was unusually rough seas, because most people never get sick.
Old March 9th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Admiral

Default Have you tried the patch?

The transcop patch is available by prescription. While there are side effects it is very effective. I suggest asking your physician.
www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.
Old March 10th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Beginner

Default patches are not available in uk

i have tried all other options to no avail the shots work to stabalize me once i am unable to walk and am throwing up continually i by that time am ready to throw myself of to escape i can only just crawl my husband has to carry me to doc or call him to cabin problem is i need to know if the shots are available to have on the disney cruise before i booked because i couldnt go otherwise does somebody know for sure has anybody had one on disney cruise plz i am usually ok for firts few hours then i begin to feel a bit funny light headed from movement then i feel i cant move my head its strange or i feel i will fall over but i sleep like a baby all night fine then i wake up fine untill i try to stand upright then its downhill straight away i just violently throw up for 9 hours on last med cruise that day i had 2 shots in one day before i recovered but then the rest of cruise is great i needed a top up once i had this same thing on other cruises till i get shot