Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Oreodog
Default Alcohol on ship

I was quite surprised to find alcohol on the ship. In the ADULT Eating area. FINE ,BUT this Cruise is about kids not adults and I feel sorry for the adult that can't go 1 week or less without a drink and concentrate on the children.[/b]
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Captain

I dont drink, neither does my husband.
On Disney although people do walk aorund with tropical drinks Out of 16 cruises I have only seen 2 people who had to much to drink. They were both in the adult only area, not near the children.

So I have never ha d aproblem with people having a social drink on their vacation. I see more drunk people on the wekends just in local stores, restaurants and theaters than on the ship.

You can also get many of the tropical drinks without alcohol.

Now on Carnival when we went, people smelled like alcohol and I saw dozens of rude, drunk people starting early morning all through the day.
It was horrible and we will never do Carnival again.

Disney does a great job about serving their drinks over other cruise lines.
Kids areas are far away from the bars.
Mostly where you see it is the outside decks around the pool area. But very little by the Mickey pool, compared to tha adult pool where kids arnt allowed.

It really isnt a problem on board, like other cruise lines.

No cruise line would go alcohol free. That is where they make a great deal of their profits. It doesnt matter what cruise line it is, they are a business. Businesses are out to make a profit. Bottom line, any business, even Disney is about the money.

Sorry to hear that disappointed you but after being on the ship you will see it really isnt a big deal and the kids arnt paying any attention to what adults are doing. They are in the pool or in the clubs having fun.

Kathleen

20 DCL cruises and counting!
1 Carnival Glory cruise

Waiitng for the new ships to arrive for more magical cruises!!
Old March 17th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Captain

I just want to point out that there is not a lot of excessive drinking on the Disney ships. People will have a cocktail at the sailaway party or at dinner but this is most definitely NOT a booze cruise. I suspect you won't even notice people drinking alcohol. They are too busy standing in line for character photos. Fear not! Disney cruises are definitely all about the kids!

Disney Wonder
RCCL Serenade of the Seas
Old May 26th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Familiar Face

My husband and I were quite happy to enjoy our beer in the disney cruise beer mugs we purchased on the ship. This is a family cruise, not a children only cruise. Adults enjoy adult beverages if they so choose to, and our kids were quite content at the children's only activities, so we were happy with our adult only activities. We never got drunk nor did we ever see anyone else get drunk while on the ship. You also have to remember, there are many adults on these cruises without children as well, and those of us who have them are not putting our children at risk by drinking alcohol in moderation. Please don't lump all alcohol drinkers in one group, especially those of us with children. They wouldn't sell it on the ship if there wasn't some kind of "need" for it.