Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2009, 04:03 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Alcohol on Disney

Hi,

A few quick questions.

We are new to Disney, and we would like to know if it is true that Disney allows us to bring alcohol onboard...? If so, can we put it in water bottles in our checked luggage? Will they see this, and if so, what happens if they do?

Also, a friend of mine who might be coming has a 19 year old son. They know that their son cannot purchase alcohol or drink onboard, but if they allow him to, will he (their son) be safe with a water bottle of alcohol in his checked luggage to consume quietly in the cabin? Is it safe for him to put this in his checked luggage?

If Disney allows water bottles of alcohol to be put in checked luggage, how will they know if it is the adults or the 19 year old's luggage?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Captain

DCL allows you to bring alcohol on board in your carry on, so no need to put in a water bottle. I would make sure that once your in view of the screeners that an adult hang onto the sones carryone, let them scan it, then the adult still hang onto it until you are in the terminal out of the screeners view. then he can carryit.

Then there's no worries.

20 DCL cruises and counting!
1 Carnival Glory cruise

Waiitng for the new ships to arrive for more magical cruises!!
Old February 23rd, 2009, 05:00 PM
First Mate

Default Alchohol

Does this apply to liquor as well? 8)

Tulum Mexico Resort Reviews

Splendour of the Seas 97
Veendam 05
Westerdam 06
Serenade of the Seas 07
Liberty of the Seas 07
Jewel of the Seas 08
Westerdam 09
Volendam 09
Solstice 10
Solstice 10
Caribbean Princess 11
Nieuw Amsterdam 11
Oasis of the Seas 12
Queen Elizabeth 12
Eurodam 13
Carnival Valor 13
Carnival Fantasy 14
Constellation 14
Old March 17th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Captain

This is the great thing about Disney cruises. You can bring on beer/wine/liquor.
DCL costs more than other cruise lines but you can save quite a bit on your booze bill whereas other lines are very strict and getting stricter about bringing on booze.

You can even bring a case of beer in a rolling cooler! Just put the beer in the cooler but NO ice! (I think there are concerns about leakage) Have your room steward ice it up when you get to the cabin.

I wish other lines were like this.

Have a great trip!

Disney Wonder
RCCL Serenade of the Seas
Old March 23rd, 2009, 04:30 PM
Beginner

We hit a Publix on the way to Canaveral and picked up a case of water for the kids and a case of Coronas for the adults. Put it in a rolling carry-on bag and wheeled it onboard.

They will not let you check it, but you can bring it on yourself.

Note: They have a sign at security that says "no alcohol", but I put my water and beer through the scanner along with a bottle opener (corona is non-twist off) and no problems.

Bill
Old March 24th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Captain

A note about the teenager --- the drinking age on Disney is 21 --- no exceptions. He will not be allowed to drink even in his cabin w/ DCL approval. Maybe some of the ports will have an 18 y/o drinking age? That's what happened on my cruise... my DD would have a cocktail in the port but couldn't drink on the ship. Doesn't really make much sense now that I think about it but it's the policy and not likely to change.

Disney Wonder
RCCL Serenade of the Seas