Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Passenger

Default What's there for a toddler to do?

After 19 cruises, it's finally time to try Disney. We are sailing on the Magic May 16th and I can't wait! My oldest is 4 and my youngest will be 22 months when we sail. I know the little one is too young for the kids club, but is there anything for her to do besides the pool?

I love cruising, but have found it to be challenging trying to keep the little one entertained. I'm hoping Disney is different....

Any info would be helpful. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Captain

Well the toddler splash zone for kids in swim diapers is fun.

Then check with the kids club because there are times when the kids are out of the club and you can take your toddler in there to play with your supervision which is alot of fun.

Character meets in the atrium

All the evening shows have little ones and they just love the music and characters on stage. Once the show begins they are mesmerized most of the time.

In the theater they usually have one animated film and people do take the little ones to see them and if they get restless they just leave.

On Castaway Cay you can rent bikes with baby seats and helmets so you can take a family ride with the kids. They also have kids bikes with and without training wheels.

Thats about all we did with our young grandkids. They were just excited to walk through the ship and look at everything. Near the adult clubs which during the day kids can go there they have the large port hole windows with seat in them and the little ones just loved sitting there and watching the ocean.

Oh, in the Promenade Lounge they have a duo each evening and there is a small dance floor. This is a family area and many bring their little ones there to bop around to the music in the evening.

Although they charge the nursery has lots of toys and will take good care of them if you want soem grown up time too.

20 DCL cruises and counting!
1 Carnival Glory cruise

Waiitng for the new ships to arrive for more magical cruises!!