CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Disney (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/disney/)
-   -   Airport to Port Area Question Advice Appreciated (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/disney/361589-airport-port-area-question-advice-appreciated.html)

john970 February 19th, 2009 01:09 AM

Airport to Port Area Question Advice Appreciated

Hi everyone,

I am debating between 3 pickup companies to be picked up from the airport and taken to a hotel near the port. The difference between the 3 companies is $10. They are between $50 and $60 each way. I would like to know if anyone has any positive or negative experience with any of them. The companies are:
-Royal Transportation / Royal Cab
-Coca Beach Taxi / Beach Bound Shuttle
-Port Canaveral Shuttle Service

Thanks.

Kamloops Cruiser February 19th, 2009 12:00 PM

Did you double post on purpose? The answer to this is the same as your

other question. :D :D

pepsicruiser February 22nd, 2013 09:33 AM

We just returned from Disney Dream Cruise and used Sunshine Limo of Orlando and they provided great service,nice vehicles (limo and van). Ask for Solo as a driver. He's tops.

Paul Motter February 22nd, 2013 02:25 PM

If you have four or five people a "limo" service (it is usually a van) is the best way to go. They charge by the trip and will carry you and your luggage one-way or round trip for about $60 to $90 (one way) with a discount if you pre-pay round-trip.

BigMac February 25th, 2013 01:30 PM

I prefer a limo/ van service... If I'm not staying long enough to rent a car, this is the way to go.

storybookcruises.com April 30th, 2013 02:54 PM

We always rent a car. This is always much cheaper when you have more than 2 people and works very well for us. We rent the car at the airport, usually only paying around $35 each way, I drop Nancy and the luggage off at the pier, drive to the rental car office (less than 3 miles away), then take the free shuttle back to the pier. When we come back from the cruise, we repeat the process. This way we're on our own schedule and can do what we want, when we want, and where we want.

And if you have never been to Cape Kennedy, you can plan your flights home late in the evening, then drive over and do a tour - it's absolutely amazing! Or you can spend a day at Disneyworld or do some shopping in Orlando.

Shuttles/limos are definitely easier if all you want is direct transportation, but the price can quickly add up when you have more than 2 people. We just had a family of 5 rent a minivan for $50 each way and that included a car seat for the little one.

Just another option to consider, but definitely stay away from the transfers offered by the cruise line - those are the most expensive way to go.

Pete

AF1 May 22nd, 2013 01:45 PM

I used Travelynx Round trip Check out their website

gracydaisss September 2nd, 2013 06:58 AM

well that's kinda of good thread to arrange your future planing LOL