Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Beginner

Default paying the bill found under the door

i have been saving disney reward cards and gift cards for years. we will be cruising in november and would like to settle our bill using these cards. i know we have to supply a credit card in the beginning, however how can we settle up beforehand to avoid the last minute lines at the desk the last night? possibly giving extra amounts that would leave us a balance. i have cruised before and found mistakes on the bill slipped under the door the last night only to go to the desk and wait hours to get it fixed, mainly carnival . this always puts a bad spin on a good cruise and is all that i really remember, forgetting the good times that led up to that night.
Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: paying the bill found under the door

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guy
i have been saving Disney reward cards and gift cards for years. we will be cruising in November and would like to settle our bill using these cards. i know we have to supply a credit card in the beginning, however how can we settle up beforehand to avoid the last minute lines at the desk the last night? possibly giving extra amounts that would leave us a balance. i have cruised before and found mistakes on the bill slipped under the door the last night only to go to the desk and wait hours to get it fixed, mainly carnival . this always puts a bad spin on a good cruise and is all that i really remember, forgetting the good times that led up to that night.
I'm not familiar with the Disney Reward Cards (other than the Visa Card). The Disney Gift cards should be presented to the Customer Service Desk shortly after boarding and the amount will be credited to your onboard account. You may still have a problem with the final bill and you would need to resolve it before leaving the ship.

However, though you had a problem with your bill on the last morning on your previous cruise the chances are very good that it won't happen again. I have been on 20+ cruises and have only had one small problem with the bill.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 8th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Captain

If you want to use your points (disney chase card rewards points) save those until the last day of the cruise. have all your souvenirs bought already too.
Because once to apply them, if you havnt spent that much you cant get them refunded back. where if you wait, they will only use as many points as needed to pay off your account or all the points if your bill is larger.

I always take my rewards card to guest services desk the last day and they apply points to my bill and print me out a copy of the bill. That way i can check it over the day before for errors. Never had one error in 18 cruises with DCL. But if there was I could easily get it taken care of before everyone else got their bills.

You can request a copy of your bill at any time on DCL so you can keep tabs on it if you want. Just ask at guest services and always have your Key to the world card with you for ID.

20 DCL cruises and counting!
1 Carnival Glory cruise

Waiitng for the new ships to arrive for more magical cruises!!
Old May 26th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Familiar Face

Yep, you can put the reward points or gift cards, or cash or any other card you want to use at any given point in the cruise. You don't HAVE to use the card you supply at the beginning of the cruise.
Old May 31st, 2009, 06:51 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: paying the bill found under the door

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guy
i have been saving disney reward cards and gift cards for years. we will be cruising in november and would like to settle our bill using these cards. i know we have to supply a credit card in the beginning, however how can we settle up beforehand to avoid the last minute lines at the desk the last night? possibly giving extra amounts that would leave us a balance. i have cruised before and found mistakes on the bill slipped under the door the last night only to go to the desk and wait hours to get it fixed, mainly carnival . this always puts a bad spin on a good cruise and is all that i really remember, forgetting the good times that led up to that night.
You can also settle your bill the night before. Your account will be closed so you may want to do it late in the evening. Have done this on Disney and Carnival. Very easy to do.
Oct 2007-Carnival Liberty-First "Kids Free" Cruise
April 2009-Carnival Splendor-Swine Flu Cruise-Enjoyed San Fran
April 2010-Carnival Dream-Loved the cruise

To Come:
Jan 2012-Family Cruise on the Mariner of the Seas

"Boat Drink, Waitress I need 2 more Boat Drinks"