Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 3rd, 2009, 09:42 PM
Familiar Face

Default Can you do a disney cruise for around $1500 for family 4

Is it a dream to think I could do a cruise for around 1500 dollars for a family of 4? We were thinking of early december?
april
Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Captain

Simple answer No. Quick look and the best price I found for a 3 night on Dec. 3 of $439 per persom plus taxes. Add in the tips and you are over $2000.

Keep in mind Disney is a great option but never the least expensive option.

NCL & Carnival have optiions under $200 pp same time frame. RCCL under $250 pp

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old June 4th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Captain

Keep checking for specials. All the cruis elines are running them because int he bad economy they hare having trouble filling the ships.

Some TA's are offering up to $900 room credits (for suites) and also great room credits for lesser category rooms and the length of your cruise.
You can use those room credits to pay or help pay your tips. Just go to guest services desk and aks to put the tips on your account. They will give you receipts to put in the tip envelopes the last night. Anything on your account the room credits will be alloted to, so that can save you some money too.
Dreams Unlimited and All seasons travel both run great DCL deals.

December is a good time to go if you dont go close to Christmas that is always more expensive. The ship is decorated for Christmas which is nice . We like to go the weekend after Thanksgiving. Usually we get good rates between holidays and the ship is decorated.

Kathleen

20 DCL cruises and counting!
1 Carnival Glory cruise

Waiitng for the new ships to arrive for more magical cruises!!
Old June 4th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Captain

You can in fact cruise for close to $1500. I forgot 3rd and 4th passenger in the cabin are less. Should be able to do it with a budget of $2000

#1) $476.48 $476.48 USD #2) $476.48 $476.48 USD #3) $286.48 $286.48 USD #4) $236.48 $236.48 USD Subtotal: $1,475.92 USD Grand Total: $1,475.92

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old June 4th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Familiar Face

I pretty much figured it would be a no and or a well sure but you cant do anything else. I think for our first cruise we should do one we can afford. Thanks for the responses.
april
Old June 22nd, 2009, 03:50 PM
Passenger

Default we did

we cruised on disney last Sept. we have 4 but one of us one was under 1 at the time. We did a 4 night and it was our first cruise. worth every penny and then some. We did it for a little over 2000.0 and we flew - that was including airfair. Check out vacations to go.com They have good Oct/Sept fairs (hurricane season) for Disney. Just sitting down to book a 7 night cruise for our 10 yer annivers. Going to do Disney again - nothing compares.
Old June 24th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Captain

If you need airfare then the answer is no.
But Disney had a deal recently where children under 12 sailed free.
These are the types of deals you need to keep an eye out for. Then you just may be able to swing it.

Disney Wonder
RCCL Serenade of the Seas
Old July 16th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by april_4_us
I pretty much figured it would be a no and or a well sure but you cant do anything else. I think for our first cruise we should do one we can afford. Thanks for the responses.
april
Remember that when you figure the total cost of a cruise, you have to account for other charges that are not included in the cruise fare ... such as tips, soft drinks, dining, etc. If the food in the main dining rooms on Disney is far better than it is on other cruise lines, then you would have no reason to eat in one of the special charge restaurants, such as Palo. Soft drinks are included on Disney, not so on the other cruise lines. So, on them, you would have to add the cost of a soda card for each child. In other words, go through possible expenses line by line and see how Disney stacks up against the other cruise lines. Are the shore excursions cheaper on Disney, or does the ship pretty much stop only in places where it is entirely possible to make it a free and easy beach day instead of doing organized shore excursions? What is included on a Disney cruise versus a cruise on one of the other lines. Some of those other lines charge extra for certain amenities ... like bowling, video games, etc. How does Disney stack up?

Again, a lot of people base their decision of a cruise line solely on the cost of a cabin, and that's very, very misleading. For example, NCL is one of the most economical cruise lines out there to sail on ... yet a lot of things on an NCL ship are extra charge. I hear ... and please know that I have never been on an NCL cruise, so this is second-hand ... that the quality and variety of food in the main dining rooms on NCL are just so-so. This "encourages" people to dine in the extra tariff restaurants more often ... where they won't have to wait for an hour for a table and will get far more attentive service. I hear that some of the "amenities" on the newer NCL ships incur an extra charge ... such as the WII games and bowling. These too add to the bottom line. I hear NCL's drink prices too are higher than those on other cruise lines, and NCL does a lot of aggressive marketing onboard to try to "encourage" people to "have another." What is it they say ... "the more you booze, the better you cruise." And what was it one passenger said ... "NCL stands for No Cash Left."

The sad fact is that someone could have foregone a Disney cruise because the NCL cruise was much cheaper ... only to come home at the end of the week totaling the charges and finding that in retrospect that Disney cruise would have been the cheaper one.

So do your homework carefully before making any final decisions. I'm not saying Disney would necessarily come out to be your lowest price. All I am saying is that it could be.

Blue skies ...

--rita