Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Captain

Default Just booked our first Disney Cruise!

I am so excited. I just booked our first disney cruise on the Magic. We've been loyal Carnival Cruisers for quite some time and we love the perks of platinum and their ships, but...we crave the magic that only Disney can create. We've been dreaming and drooling over Disney for many years and could never justify the huge cost difference but today I lucked into a great deal and we are going!
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Captain

Thats great.
When are you going?

Look for a meet on board or roll call thread . Then look for your cruise date and post there to get aquainted with others on your cruise.
If you dont see your date, start a thread yourself and others will find you.

Dont be shy, if youhave any questions about a DCL cruise, ask away!
There are great people here to help get you all ready to go.

We just booked our 20th DCL cruise last weekend and i have 3 more after that. So I can problaby answer about any questions you might have.
Accept for the Spa, I dont use it so i cant speak for it but everything else we have used or done on the ship.

I'm sure you'll have a Magical cruise,

Kathleen

20 DCL cruises and counting!
1 Carnival Glory cruise

Waiitng for the new ships to arrive for more magical cruises!!
Old August 29th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Beginner

Thinking of a Disney cruise next year for our family (6 ppl - kiddos would be 11, 9, 6, 4). Thinking of cost and trying to decide between Carnival and DCL. Can you tell me what was a "good deal" so I have a basis to start from? Also, has anyone done the Magic Kingdom and then the cruise? Can you tell me what your experience was like. I will take any information that anyone offers...including best time to purchase, best times to go, how are the activities for the kiddos, etc.

Thank you in advance,
Kimberly
Old August 30th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I been waiting to get on myself so I know exactly how you feel, or I would if i were going. I have never been either. Good luck and congratulations to you on this.
Old August 30th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkzv
Thinking of a Disney cruise next year for our family (6 ppl - kiddos would be 11, 9, 6, 4). Thinking of cost and trying to decide between Carnival and DCL. Can you tell me what was a "good deal" so I have a basis to start from? Also, has anyone done the Magic Kingdom and then the cruise? Can you tell me what your experience was like. I will take any information that anyone offers...including best time to purchase, best times to go, how are the activities for the kiddos, etc.

Thank you in advance,
Kimberly
sorry I cant say what is a good price. But i can say DCL and Carnival just like all cruise lines are offering great deals, especially in off season.
I have done both lines with kids and grandkids.
Basically this is why I prefer Disney for a family.

Carnival charges extra for many thing Disney has for free.Example, Carnival charges for pop at restaurants , bars everywhere. Sorry dont remember the price but it was spendy.
DCL pop is free 24 hours a day at the drink station deck 9 , also milk, coffee, assorted teas, Hi-C, iced tea , Hot chocolate. Free in restaurants too. Now if you order it from a bar or roaming waiter by the pools you will be charged for it.

Disneys kids clubs open 9 a.m. all day until midnight to 2 a.m. depending on the night.
Carnival clubs didnt open until afternoon and closed by 9 pm. There was nothing for the kids to do accept play video games which cost extra.

Disney also charges for the arcade but kids are too busy having fun in the clubs to go to the arcade much.
We also found out when Carnival scheduled an event for the kids and if less than 12 kids showed up they canceled the event and again the kids had nothing to do. Pools were tiny and packed.

Disney also has a free movie theater with several movies playing all during the cruise. Daytime movies are geared for kids too.

I could go on and on but it came down to after Carnival added all the estras on it cost us more then Disney did.
Kids and adults had so much to do you cant do it all on Disney. On Carnival we dont gamble so other than trivia ond one show a night we had nothing to do either. Plus their family show to me was a bit much! Plus it didnt start until 10 at night.

General attitude of staff was much friendlier on DCL too.

Magic Kingdom is great fun. I wouldnt do it the same day as the cruise . You wont get anything done before having to leave to go to the ship.
Do it the day before and spend the night, then head out ot the cruise.

Have fun with your decision,

Kathleen

20 DCL cruises and counting!
1 Carnival Glory cruise

Waiitng for the new ships to arrive for more magical cruises!!
Old January 31st, 2010, 12:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Oreodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Littletime View Post
I am so excited. I just booked our first disney cruise on the Magic. We've been loyal Carnival Cruisers for quite some time and we love the perks of platinum and their ships, but...we crave the magic that only Disney can create. We've been dreaming and drooling over Disney for many years and could never justify the huge cost difference but today I lucked into a great deal and we are going!
Congratulations!!!!!!
We are Grandparents and just booked yesterday to go on the new DREAM Disney Ship April 2011.
We have been on the WONDER and I am telling you........IT's AWESOME! I do not care what your age is it brings out the child in you.
And YES even at age 67 I will be going on that AQUADUCK FLUME 13 decks up in the air.
Just enjoy every minute my Dear........It is just wonderful