Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Four in Outside Cabin?

My daughter and SIL are considering doing a Disney cruise (Wonder or Magic) and want to know if two adults and two children (4 and 7) can be reasonably comfortable in an outside cabin.

My SIL has sailed on a Carnival in balcony cabin (Carnival Pride) and my daughter has sailed on the same ship but in a Cat 11 suite. So this is the basis they have for the size of a cabin. I know the Cat 11 suite is not a valid comparison.

If anyone has experience with four in an outside cabin I would love to hear your input.

Thanks,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Disney cabins are some of the largest in the industry, or so I've read. Unlike other cruise lines, Disney designs thier cabins with families in mind. A family of four or even five should have no problem in a standard cabin.
Disney Wonder October 2009
RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas September 2011
Disney Magic February 2012
Disney Wonder January 2014
Disney Wonder to Hawaii 2015...I hope!
Old January 15th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Thanks: I know they would enjoy a Disney cruise. I also know that Grandpa would need his balcony. That's OK since I wouldn't be going on this one.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Captain

When our family went it worked just fine with 4 in a room. Once you unpack a lot of luggage can slide under the bed and in the closet to make more room.

As the above poster stated Disney has some of the larger rooms in the indusrty , made with families in mind.
Now the newer ships the rooms are smaller from what i have read, but the Magic and Wonder are great.
Most rooms have a split bath. One room has the shower and sink the ohter the toilet and sink, both have mirrors too. So its much easier to change for dinner or someone can take a shower and if someone needs to use the toilet they can without interrupting the person in the shower. That seems to happen a lot with kids.

You will also have a couch and a chair at the desk which is plenty for 4 people. Most of the time your not all going to be in the room accept to change for dinner ro for the pool and to sleep.

As you can see by my signature I have cruised Disney many times and I have been in 3 different types of balconies, an ocean view and inside rooms and various decks.
I have also done Carnival. If I was taking 4 people I would pick Disneys rooms over Carnival anyday.

Good luck and have fun planning!!!

Kathy

20 DCL cruises and counting!
1 Carnival Glory cruise

Waiitng for the new ships to arrive for more magical cruises!!
Old November 27th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Oreodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
My daughter and SIL are considering doing a Disney cruise (Wonder or Magic) and want to know if two adults and two children (4 and 7) can be reasonably comfortable in an outside cabin.

My SIL has sailed on a Carnival in balcony cabin (Carnival Pride) and my daughter has sailed on the same ship but in a Cat 11 suite. So this is the basis they have for the size of a cabin. I know the Cat 11 suite is not a valid comparison.

If anyone has experience with four in an outside cabin I would love to hear your input.

Thanks,
Mike
Hello,
In 2007 we took our 2 Grandaughters on the Wonder and we all had 1 outside Cabin. We were very comfortable and had the bed and ther girls had the sofa and fall down bed from the ceiling. A curtain was pulled for privacy. Worked out great. Noone minded as so tired by days end...........Would have slept on a window sill. Ha ha
Do it and have a great time.
Grandma Carole AKA Oreodog