Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Oreodog
Cool New disney dream ship horn most disappointing

I AM ONLY EXPRESSING MY PERSONAL OPINION AND ASK OTHERS TO GO TO YOUTUBE.COM AND TYPE IN DISNEY DREAM HORN THEN DISNEY WONDER HORN.

BOTH THE WONDER AND MAGIC USE THE FAMOUS 7 NOTES FROM "WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR" FOR THEIR HORNS. THOSE 7 NOTES CARRY ACROSS THE WATERS IN ANY LOCATION AND A KNOWN WORLD WIDE SONG THAT JUST SENDS A CHILL TO THE SPINE AND LUMP IN THE THROAT AS IT SIGNALS THE START OF AN EXCEPTIONAL CRUISE.

I REALIZE DISNEY HAS TRIED TO SELECT A NEW HORN GOING ON THE THEME OF THE SHIPS NAME BUT.................LISTEN TO IT..........VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!!!!!

WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR IS THEIR CRUISE KLINE SIGNATURE SOUND. WHY CHANGE? IT IS AS IF THEY RETIRED MICKEY HIMSELF. I HAVE POSTED ON THE D.C.L. FACEBOOK TO PUT THE 2 HORNS OUT FOR PUBLIC VOTE............THEY DO NOT RESPOND. I WOULD BE INTERESTED TO HEAR IF ANYONE SHARES MY OPINION ON THIS?

IT WILL NOT STOP US FROM SAILING BUT...............VERY DISAPPOINTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

It seems a little low in tone....but, what do you hear it,once as you cruise out of port? Not much to be disappointed about in the scheme of things.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 5th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Passenger

I like the new horn. New ships, new horns. I see nothing wrong with this. JMO
Old December 14th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Lightbulb

The horn on Dream is apparently programmable to play various tunes. So far, observers have reported hearing "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" and "A Pirate's Life For Me". And it was previously reported that the ship is capable of playing the second set of seven notes of the song "When You Wish Upon A Star" - the tune used by Magic and Wonder - so when the ships meet, Dream can 'answer' with "Makes No Difference Who You Are".

Stay tuned - - I'm confident you'll find that Dream will be coming up with some novel horn tunes, as well as the original tune used by Magic and Wonder.
Old January 6th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Smile Disagree

I think that thee new horn suits the whole theme of dreaming and the name of the boat. I dont think that they took away Mickey Mouse, but they added him to the boats stern
Old January 6th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz View Post
The horn on Dream is apparently programmable to play various tunes. So far, observers have reported hearing "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" and "A Pirate's Life For Me". And it was previously reported that the ship is capable of playing the second set of seven notes of the song "When You Wish Upon A Star" - the tune used by Magic and Wonder - so when the ships meet, Dream can 'answer' with "Makes No Difference Who You Are".

Stay tuned - - I'm confident you'll find that Dream will be coming up with some novel horn tunes, as well as the original tune used by Magic and Wonder.
Cool. Thanks for the info! I bet your right!

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Navigator of the Seas-Caribbean-3/23/2014, Carnival Freedom-Caribbean-5/10/2014, Carnival Freedom-Caribbean-5/18/2014, Carnival Sunshine-Caribbean-5/30/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014
Old January 8th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Oreodog

When the Dream came into Port Canaveral last week I did hear on live cam they used the "WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR" HORN. iT JUST CARRIES ACROSS THE WATER SO MUCH MORE IMPRESSIVE THEN THE NEW ONE.
I understand they sought to selct a sound that went with the theme BUT........... The original 7 notes are best. I had suggested on their facebook to put it out for public vote but....no reply!
Old January 10th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Familiar Face

While I think the new horn sound has a less effect than the "wish upon a star" notes, either way I don't mind it.

~ Future Cruises ~
~ None ~

~ Past Cruises ~
RCI - Vision of the Seas - 2003
RCI - Monarch of the Seas - 2004
NCL - Norwegian Sun - 2006
CCL - Paradise - 2007
CCL - Splendor - 2010
CCL - Spirit - 2011
CCL - Inspiration - 2011
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Donald Duck is the official ambassador to Disney Dream - Not Mickey Mouse. However, right now I can't remember, but I do think Micky is hanging from the stern.

There is a large statue of Donald in the main atrium, however.

I will be able to tell you much more next week when i go to see her in Port Canaveral.

Old January 10th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Lightbulb

Paul, you are right - the stern has Sorcerer Mickey and the dancing brooms.

As for the horn on Dream, it is definitely programmable, capable of playing almost any tune, which is pretty cool.

Unless, of course, they start playing "it's a small world" out in the middle of the ocean, where there's no escaping it.....