CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Disney (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/disney/)
-   -   Disney with older kids (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/disney/379384-disney-older-kids.html)

openwater January 11th, 2011 09:46 AM

Disney with older kids

The new Disney Dream has got us interested in a Disney cruise for 2012. We are big Disney World fans and just got back from a Christmas trip to WDW. My kids would be 13 and 15 in summer of 2012. Is there enough to interest older kids on a Disney cruise? I don't want them to think it is too babyish for them.

Paul Motter January 11th, 2011 12:42 PM

While I generally say at that age they will have just as much fun on Royal caribbean's mega ships (Oasis, or Freedom) - there are plenty of things for teens to do on Disney - including sepaerate teen programs for ages 13-14 and 15-17.

They have huge teens-only areas on Dream. But some of the other daily activities they may find more youth oriented.

It is a safe bet, but so is RCL. Carnival Dream would be good, too.

Just avoid smaller and older ships, especially on longer itineraries,

BeachBabe8168 January 11th, 2011 03:49 PM

I went on my disney cruise last march, and I was 14, but I will be 15 on my next one, actually closer to 16. I LOVE Disney cruises!!! There is so much to do your kids will not be bored or dissapointed at all!! Its the best vacation ever!

Kathleen Templeton January 16th, 2011 04:48 PM

Our teens loved it and hated Carnival. Teens have their own club and activities, NO adults allowed!1 Accept cancellors;)

jbarefield74 January 18th, 2011 03:54 AM

Wow...cool... how I wish I could be there at WDW....I'm 25 years old now and I still want to go there....

Kathleen Templeton January 18th, 2011 10:11 AM

Well start paning to go. Save your change and tax returns and then go!! You wont regret it. I didnt go until in my 40's but it was so AWESOME!!!
It took me a few years to get there, but it was so worth the savings and sacrafice to get there. You can do it !!

HawkeyeFLA January 18th, 2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbarefield74 (Post 1343591)
Wow...cool... how I wish I could be there at WDW....I'm 25 years old now and I still want to go there....

I'm 34, almost 35, and I goto the parks all the time. :-p Okay, so it helps that I do work for them, so I get in for free, but even before I worked for them, I was going all the time. There's just something about Disney Magic. (And not just the ship, which I keep running into when I am on other cruises :-p)

Kathleen Templeton January 18th, 2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFLA (Post 1343704)
I'm 34, almost 35, and I goto the parks all the time. :-p Okay, so it helps that I do work for them, so I get in for free, but even before I worked for them, I was going all the time. There's just something about Disney Magic. (And not just the ship, which I keep running into when I am on other cruises :-p)

We lived in Florida for 9 years (just moved 3 years ago to Oregon)
We had annual passes and went every weekend unless we were ill. One year we had over 90 entrances on one pass. Thats alot of days at Disney. Our kids would come and grandkids to visit and we would take them during the week too.

We never grew tired of the Magic. Some days we would just sit and watch the wonder in the faces of the kids and adults.

There is just something magical about Disney you cant put into words.:D

HawkeyeFLA January 19th, 2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen Templeton (Post 1343725)
We lived in Florida for 9 years (just moved 3 years ago to Oregon)
We had annual passes and went every weekend unless we were ill. One year we had over 90 entrances on one pass. Thats alot of days at Disney. Our kids would come and grandkids to visit and we would take them during the week too.

We never grew tired of the Magic. Some days we would just sit and watch the wonder in the faces of the kids and adults.

There is just something magical about Disney you cant put into words.:D

Oh I can. Grand Marnier Orange Slush. :-p But yeah, Epcot drinking aside, its true.

brett6golden January 22nd, 2011 06:51 AM

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...4XT2c4CURhg_IQ

I am also the big fan of Disney. I it of course worth loving and amazing.

next day delivery

Paul Motter January 22nd, 2011 10:24 AM

I just returne3d from seeing Disney Dream with a load of passengers. I vcan tell you I never saw the teens oboard, which tells me they were having a ball in their priovate areas.

On dream the teen 15-17 area is VERY isolated, almost impossible to find. You have to walk through a an area that looks like a crew area, or use the stairs from below.

I can't say the Edge (12-14) has the same kind of attraction, though. I t was empty a few times when I went in there.

Disney is not fanatic about age separataion, they may have let some of the tweens into the teen area.

orlando_guy May 2nd, 2011 08:40 AM

I think those ages are still good for the disney lines.

Ben | International Drive Hotel

annhay21x May 16th, 2011 03:22 AM

Every time when I visited Disney I found something new and exciting. I don't think that your kids will get bored even if they are visiting it again. I am sure they will have lots of fun.

shinningwang September 7th, 2011 02:45 AM

nice

I do think those ages are still good for the disney lines.

Oreodog October 12th, 2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by openwater (Post 1341645)
the new disney dream has got us interested in a disney cruise for 2012. We are big disney world fans and just got back from a christmas trip to wdw. My kids would be 13 and 15 in summer of 2012. Is there enough to interest older kids on a disney cruise? I don't want them to think it is too babyish for them.

oh my i do understand your concerns but...............we found the dream cruise was not "babyish" as we feared.
we took our 69 & 74 yr. Old "kids" and had a hard time keeping up with them having a good time. So don't worry one bit about yoir teens.
go, enjoy every minute. Disney has no age limit !

mariuskyu November 18th, 2011 06:49 AM

Mississippi River Cruise

Disney are amazing and they don`t care too much about the age separation...so that`s a relief.

FairyTreat December 2nd, 2011 06:58 AM

I wouldn't care too much. Disney is for all really ;)