Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Default OMG! He said YES!!!!!!

I've been after DH for a while now to book a Disney Cruise. We went to MK in Jan 09 ... and he has been saying that it is too soon to do "Disney" again

DH says the Disney Cruises are toooo expensive, and we should wait until the kids are older. They are now 3.5 and almost 5.

We're booked to sail HAL Eurodam this spring break and the kids are stoked (it will be their second cruise). We were watching TV last night and saw the commercia for Disney Cruiselines, and they were laughing and giggling at all the characters when my 3 year old says "I cant wait to see Wall-e on our cruise" .... and then I had to burst his bubble.

They asked when we could go on a Disney Cruise and like any good mom ..... I sent them to talk to their father. Well, imagine my surprise when they came back and said "Daddy said we can go on a Disney Cruise in 2012".

WOO HOO!

The planning begins!

I know there are no "deals" on Disney cruises, but any suggestions for getting the best price possible?

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:39 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Congratulations!!!!!!!

I know you will have a great time.

I too have been seriously looking at Disney for a cruise with the grandkids but "Grandpa" is having a hard time swallowing the price. Grandpa is a spoiled brat and must have a balcony cabin and $9,000+/incl air is too much for grandpa to open his checkbook for. Grandpa can do Oasis for half that amount.

BUT the kids keep asking: "When are we going on the Disney ship?" Grandpa can only take that so many times until he gives in.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Since the Dream just came out and I had my first experiences with Disney I also have started watching prices.

There was a brief sale that I reported on immediately when it came out - the same week Disney Fantasy went on sale. The best prices only lasted about a week, and most sail dates were in 2012.

It looks to me like Disney cruises book much farther out than most cruise lines - one to two years. It looks to me like you probably want to book at least a year out to get the best prices.

Also - on the older the inside cabins are the best priced by far, but on the new ships they are in higher demand just because of the virtual portholes.

now - if anyone now goes and tries it and finds differently, please come back and give us updated information. This can change at any time.

Disney is having a few ininerary issues right now , having to cancel both Mazatlan and Tunisia in about the same week.

Mike - if grandpa wants to take the kids and needs a balcony I suggest you look into the balconies that hold four people. I am pretty sure the kids get a discounted price. There are even staterooms that hold five.

I think it would be far cheaper than a separate cabin for the kids.
Old January 31st, 2011, 01:00 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Congrats my Queen...

I think the Disney cruise is a real quality experience - especially for kids. In trth, I think it is mostly about the kids unless you are an adult Disneyphile (and there are many).

For me, a four-day cruise would work - because it is about the kids and to them seven days is probably over-stimulation.

These ships are VERY activity rich for kids. Adults know how to relax and kick back, but kids will keep going until they drop. I feel like a 7-day cruise might get the kids too worn out.
Old January 31st, 2011, 02:43 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Congratulations!!!!!!!

I too have been seriously looking at Disney for a cruise with the grandkids but "Grandpa" is having a hard time swallowing the price. Grandpa is a spoiled brat and must have a balcony cabin and $9,000+/incl air is too much for grandpa to open his checkbook for. Grandpa can do Oasis for half that amount.

BUT the kids keep asking: "When are we going on the Disney ship?" Grandpa can only take that so many times until he gives in.

Take care,
Mike
lol Mike ... I think that is what happened to DH!

Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old January 31st, 2011, 02:46 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
Congrats my Queen...

I think the Disney cruise is a real quality experience - especially for kids. In trth, I think it is mostly about the kids unless you are an adult Disneyphile (and there are many).

For me, a four-day cruise would work - because it is about the kids and to them seven days is probably over-stimulation.

These ships are VERY activity rich for kids. Adults know how to relax and kick back, but kids will keep going until they drop. I feel like a 7-day cruise might get the kids too worn out.
Interesting Paul. I thought that the 3/4 would be too short for me. I'm okay with a 5nite cruise, but anything shorter than that and I feel I barely get unpacked, and then its time to pack again. I also did not want to pair the trip with a park stay, as I thought 3/4 days was too short for the park.

We did the 7nt Dream with the kids and they fared well, although we paired it with a 2nt pre-stay and a 1nt-post stay to get the best airfare, ... and it was too long. Of course, I'm not comparing Camp Carnival to Disney!

Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old January 31st, 2011, 02:48 PM
Admiral

Mike, don't know anything about Prices, but I read on another site that sailings over the next few months ... if you stay in a Verandah cabin, the kids sail free. That might balance out some of your cost.

Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Congratulations!!!!!!!

Take care,
Mike
Mike is your price for the four day cruise, and how many people are we talking about? I am sailing on Freedom in Dec with grandkids; we are doing owners suite; plus three inside cabins across the hall. 7 days for around $11,000. Airfare for 11 people is $3,500
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds