Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Admiral

Default Dining Question

WE are booked! March 13th on DREAM.

Can't wait!

I know you rotate through the dning rooms, but is the menu the same in each venue, each night?

I guess my real question, is would I miss an amazing meal in Enchanted Garden (?) because I was dining in Artists's Palette (?) - or do they all serve the same food every night?

Also, does your waiter rotate with you?

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Admiral

Don't understand the "rotate through the dining rooms" thing?
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

You change dining rooms every night..a new, and interesting view of fun for the family.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 7th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

The waiter rotates with you.
(or at least used to--it's been a long time since any of
my fam has been on DCL)

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Admiral

Don't think I would like that too much, rotating seats confuses me! We like to dine in different places though.
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

John you change your dining destination each night...every restaurant is Disney-ized.....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 7th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Admiral

Default Disney-ized

We got our hands stamped coming out of Magic Kingdom, I looked & said ''there is nothing on my hand''....the guy just gave me a "look" & said "this IS the Magic Kingdom sir.....''
Old February 8th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Admiral

My undersatnding, is that every morning you receive in your stateroom - tickets to dinner and tickets to the shows (based on the timings you select with your reservation - so we booked 6PM dinner, and 9PM show). The tickets tell you which dining room and table # .... and you also get your tickets for the show. This avoids over-crowding at the theatres, as you can only attend the shows for which you have tickets.

I'm curious to see if anyone has an answer to my questions, which is ... are the menu selections the same in each of the 3 dining rooms?

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old July 1st, 2011, 01:00 PM
Familiar Face

I think this is one of the best benefits of sailing on a Disney cruiseship. Who wants to eat at the same dining room every night even if it's included in your sail price. And if you've sailed enough Disney cruise's you'll see as soon as you check in at the port what your didning rotation for the cruise is as the restaurant abbrevations are listed on your KTTW (Key To The World Card).
Disney always has three different main themed dining restuarants that are included in your sail price. Your dining team rotates with you so if you don't like rolls, they won't ask after the first night. If you have a food allergy they will also remember this and by the second night you won't even have to tell them what you want to drink. It's really nice.
Upon arriving in your stateroom on embarkation day you will get a Navigator which will tell you the schedule of events for the day, times and other great informtion. You will also get dining tickets that you will want to take with you to your first restaurant. It will list the restaurant name, your dining time as well as your table number. By the second night I never bring those things. But, every night you are greeted at diner by a CM with a sanitizer cloth which you can dispose of before entering and then a whole host of folks that will litteraly walk you to your table. Your table number stays the same everytime, but it will be in a different location depening upon the restaurant you are in and your table mates rotate with you so you'll always have family, friends or new friends at dinner.

I love Disney's rotational dining!!! 9th Disney cruise and counting.
Old July 1st, 2011, 01:06 PM
Familiar Face

Nope, the menu selections change based on the restaurant you are in. But, if I remember correctly they always have a couple of the basic staples that remain the same like a fish, chicken dish. But, honestly I can't remember every well even though I just got of my 9th cruise in April, beacuse I always eat whatever they are offering off the menu that night and never look for any alternatives.
They do post the menu's for the evening outside the restaurants if you want to see what you'd be having that night. Hubby is picky so he always has to do this on a new ship. !
Old July 1st, 2011, 02:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

So, you should get a chance to try each restaurant's food as long as you don't substitute one night for Palo. If you are on a 3 night cruise, each restaurant serves the same food every night, so you wouldn't miss as you'll rotate around. On a 4 night cruise, I believe they add either a Captain's Gala night or Til We Meet Again, which would be the same food in every restaurant. I do recommend Palo wholeheartedly, especially if there is a restaurant you are less excited about. It is 100% worth it!
Old July 7th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Familiar Face

By the way their is a "different" themed menu each night depending upon what restaurant you have. You will will always find some sort of fish, chicken and or meat dish, but how they are made is completly different. Palo's is really good (it is an additional fee), I have eaten there once, but honestly unless you sail Disney all the time you won't get board eating in their main dining rooms. You can check out what they will be serving on the menus outside the restaurants and decide before dinner. On a 4 night cruise, yes you will end up an one of the three restaurants again but the menu will be different than it was the first time. And remember one of those nights will be Pirate night!

Just got off my 9th cruise the Dream in April 2011!