Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2011, 08:09 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via ICQ to DIVE2CRUZE Send a message via AIM to DIVE2CRUZE
Question DISNEY CRUISE newbie

Disney ??s...This will be our 1st Disney Cruise (DREAM!! YEA!) With our 6yr.
1)Do they have soda cards/refill cups?? Is it free? I have seen posts of all. 2)Do the characters randomly appear any where on the ship?
3)Do we pay for food/drinks on Castaway Cay? What is there to do?
THANKS SO MUCH!
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Oreodog

hi,
i understand soda is free and there is a soda staion with cups.
adult drinks you must pay for and rightfully so.

i understand in the little newspaper put in your dorr they will give you times the charecters appear.

castaway cay food is included. Alcohol is not.

have a wonderful cruise. Your going to love it!
Old June 24th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Familiar Face

Congrats.... though be warned their is a down side to crusining Disney...you'll start comparing everything else back to this cruise. !
One of the nice perks of sailing Disney is their coke products are free! Coke and Spirit and I can't remember what the other ones were are included in your cruise price (unless you order drinks/sodas from room service).

You'll find soda near Flow's cafe on the Dream, in Cabanas and also avialable in the dining rooms for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

On a Disney cruise ship you will run into a charctarer everywhere. And if you want to get your picture taken with them or get an autograph just check your Navigator which is delivered to your stateroom nightly. In it you'll see the times and locations for the meet and greets just like at the theme parks. I don't have kids, but I still am able to grab lots of pictures of the characters. On my last cruise I nabbed Chip and Dale, Captain Hook and Smeed coming and going off the ship at Castaway Cay and Aladin by the Walt Disney theater. And I was told if you are staying on deck 5 aft you'll often see the characters walk by your stateroom.

Castaway Cay has lots to do. They have a little waterpark with a slide in the family area (that's free), you can rent bikes (I think it was like only $6 per bike), snorkel, parasail, pet stingrays, plus they have crab races and all kinds of character meet and greets and other stuff going on. If your bored on CC it's definitly not Disney's fault. If your an adult and want to get away form the kids or all of this stuff you can head to Sernity Bay where peace and quiet and hammocks await you. This is also where they have the open air massages (for a fee). Both beaches provide a free lunch and drink. Alcohol (fee) can be found at the bars on both beaches, but if your looking for free ice cream it's only at Cookies Bbbq (also included) at the family beach area. Wanna buy souviners that are specific to CC ? Just bring your Key To The World card and they will charge it back to your stateroom. You only need to have change if you want to send a post card home from the post office at CC. Oh and if you stay on the ship like we often do (the ship is less crowded on this day), the restaurant, buffet (Cabanas), fast food locations (Flows), Ice cream station and room service is also still available. The ship doesn't just shut down.

Any more questions send me an email. PTVacations@aol.com
9 Disney cruises and counting (including the Dream!)
Old June 24th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

One caveat on the free drinks: you don't get free soda from bars around the ship like you do with the coke card from the other lines. So, if you want a soda, and you aren't in a dining room, you have to go up on deck to get it. Plus, the cups are kinda small. Still really nice to have it included!
Character greets can get kinda busy on the ships, so try to make the ones at weird times, if you can. Be sure to go to your character breakfast, if it is offered on your cruise. (I think they are only on week long or longer?)
Be sure not to miss a nightly show; they are amazing!
Old June 27th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Admiral

It was nice to read this! We're not going on Disney until next Spring Break, and some of the excitement has been paused as we gear up for our dreamworks cruise.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991