Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:36 PM
Familiar Face

Default Pirate night on Disney Dream

From everything I have read it sounds like the Pirate night is a big deal. Do most dress up for the occasion or just a few? Also, what about the little girls for dinner in the "ballroom". Do they dress up as princesses? Just not sure what to bring for our 8 yr old granddaughter.

STRESS is a land based condition! NO shoes, NO shirt, NO PROBLEM !!!

2011 Disney Dream
2009 Carnival Holiday
2007 RCI Adventure Of The Sea
2005 Carnival Valor
2003 Carnival Triumph
1998 Carnival Ecstasy
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2011, 12:59 PM
First Mate

Don't know about the Dream itself, but a friend of mine works on the Magic, and he is usually involved in Pirate Night, and usually has tons of FB statuses about how much fun he has. Next time I am on FB, I will shoot him a message and ask him. I figure however it is on Magic will carry over to Dream.

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.
Old March 29th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Oreodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary & Deb View Post
From everything I have read it sounds like the Pirate night is a big deal. Do most dress up for the occasion or just a few? Also, what about the little girls for dinner in the "ballroom". Do they dress up as princesses? Just not sure what to bring for our 8 yr old granddaughter.
Hi,
HAD TO POST TO YOU. WE GO ON THE DREAM APRIL 17-21 (CAN'T WAIT) 2 AFT CABINS FOR GRANDMA&GRANDPA AND SON, DAUGHTER IN LAW AND 6 YR. OLD GRANDAUGHTER.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
PLAN TO JOIN THE FUN AND DRESS!!!!
I AM TAKING A SEPERATE SUITCASE WITH THE PIXIE PRINCESS GOWN FOR OUR GRANDAUGHTER AND LIGHT UP PIXIE SHOES, HER TIARA, PIXIE WINGS AND MAGIC WAND.
ALSO FOR PIRATE NIGHT. 2 STRIPPED SHIRTS FOR DAUGHTER IN LAW AND ME AND 2 VERY UNIQUE PIRATE SHIRTS FOR SON AND GRANDPA AND PIRATE HATS AND SKULL CAPS FOR US LADIES, EARRINGS FOR ALL AND PIRATE COSTUME FOR THE 6 YR. OLD!!!!
ARE WE READY?????????? OH YESSSSSSSSSS
I WAS ABLE TO GET GREAT DEALS ON THE INTERNET FOR ALL AND ALL THAT FOR JUST A HAIR OVER $100

DO PLAN TO GET INTO THE MOOD.......DRESS FOR THE FUN.
GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY SAILING
GRANDMA CAROLE IN PORT ST. LUCIE, FL.
Old June 24th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Familiar Face

Yes, yes and yes. Now on the 3 night cruise's you won't see as many people dressed up in the dining room, but for the 4 night and longer you will. The Dream actually has two seperate pirate parties. One with the characters in the early eveing and one later on where they also have the fireworks (and I swear they had more on this ship than they did on my last Wonder cruise 5 months earlier). I wear black jeans, boots (if it's a winter cruise) and or black shorts and sandals (if it's a summer cruise) along with my black pirate t-shirt. They gave out pirate bandanas this time on the Dream with Mickey heads on it, so between that and my other accessories...I'd say I dress up. This time I did a quick 3 nighter, so I changed after my early seating and then went to the second pirate night. You'll some folks dressed up and some not on the Dream. I think more people participated on the older ships, but I am sure it will catch on soon on the new ships as well.
As for dressing like a princess...oh you can't get any more adorable than a little girl all dressed up and that sure would fit the theming in the Royal Palace dining room so I'd say go for it. On the new Fantasy ship they will even have that little boutique they have at Downtown Disney, so your princess can get their hair done to match.

9 Disney cruise's and counting...rebooked for the Fantasy.
Old June 24th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

It's a lot of fun. They do give you bandanas if you happen to not bring anything along, and there is stuff available in the gift shops.
Old June 27th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Admiral

My kids are all set with their pirate outfits. For my daughter, we'll bring snow white, cinderella and belle gowns for dinner, and she has a special "pirate princess" outfit ... We'll bring one other party dress for formal night.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old July 15th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Welcome Newcomer

The kids will be ecstatic to join this. Thanks to your post, now I have an idea on what to do on our next family vacation.