Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2011, 01:36 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Reasonable place to stay night before cruise

Hi
We are flying out the night before our Disney cruise. Can someone request a reasonable hotel close to airport (Orlando International Airport). I would prefer not to spend more than 100 dollars.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2011, 02:07 AM
First Mate

Well, it does depend on when you are sailing, since hotel prices are dependent on the season. You could always check Priceline and Hotwire and see what you can find for your date. Just be sure to check TripAdvisor. Aim for at least 3.5 stars.

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.
Old April 1st, 2011, 06:21 AM
Admiral

Too many variables with this question. Are you looking for room with shuttle to the port? Season? Renting a car to get around? I see Disney busses on the 528 (route to the port). Orlando has sooooo many hotels in so many price ranges and ammenities. Googling your request may help by using key words.
Old April 1st, 2011, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny0677 View Post
Hi
We are flying out the night before our Disney cruise. Can someone request a reasonable hotel close to airport (Orlando International Airport). I would prefer not to spend more than 100 dollars.
Thanks
Also what time will you be arriving in Orlando? If it's early enough, I would recommend going directly to Port Canaveral, only 1 hour away and getting a hotel there. You will wake up on cruise day more refreshed and less stressed. We have stayed at the Hampton Inn and Comfort Inn on A1A for less than $100 but it does depend on all the varibles listed above and how many in your party. To get to PC, you can rent a car, easy drive or take a shuttle service. We have used "the Cocoa Beach Shuttle" service and were very happy. There are many on the MCO website.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old October 28th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Welcome Newcomer

My suggestion -
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelX View Post
I would suggest renting a room at Residence Inn or Country Inn (near the port). Both hotels offer a free shuttle to the port. Reviews on Tripadvisor (Port Canaveral Hotels and B&Bs: Read Port Canaveral Hotel Reviews and Compare Prices - TripAdvisor ) To get from the airport to Port Canaveral use a prearranged shuttle/taxi ($95). I would recommend Star Trans ( Orlando Airport Transportation / Port Canaveral Transportation / Orlando Transportation ). If it is only 2 of you consider shared shuttles (around $35 per person).