Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2012, 05:10 PM
First Mate

Cool "Wonder"ful news

So, quite excited with the announcement that DCL Wonder will call Miami home for about 5 or 6 months. Should open up some new ports of call for Disney. Heh, and for me, having 3 DCL ships in FL might help open up some Castmember discounts on some of them. Just waiting to see the official announcement for the repo cruise. Based on the dates I've read for her last LA 7n and her first Miami cruise, it's gonna be a 14n cruise leaving Dec 9th and arriving in Miami Dec 23rd. Past repos and TAs have always had great discounts for us CMs (Castmembers, not CruiseMates :-p) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I put in for vacation time around those dates, with a day before to travel and a day after to decompress. Should be quite exciting if it happens.

Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed as well for them to offer us a CM preview cruise for Fantasy before her maiden voyage. I've done some date math on that one as well based on known shakedown/agent previews and also have time off. *fingers crossed* :-D

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2012, 02:20 PM
First Mate

Yay. The new itineraries are out. A little saddened tho. My DCL contact had indicated that Wonder would visit Cozumel after the canal transit. Oh well, still a nice looking cruise. Prices seem in line for what I was expecting as well. Now it's a wait and see game to see how quickly she fills up to see if CMs will get offered discount bookings. Historically on these longer cruises we do, simply because for some families it's neigh impossible to take that much time away from work/school. I think this will especially hold true with this cruise happening the first couple of weeks of December, in fact ending just before Christmas eve. But it looks promising for me to be able to go, as long as it can be had at an affordable price. I'm already approved for time off for every day of the cruise except Dec 23rd, and I know I can make that day off happen in the grand scheme of things.

I'm also excited because of some of the prices I'm seeing for the sailings out of Miami. I think it's going to be pretty exciting having 3 ships in FL for awhile.

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.
Old January 29th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I really like this information. Keep it up.