CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Disney (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/disney/)
-   -   Fantasy video and quick review (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/disney/390624-fantasy-video-quick-review.html)

steilkurve July 17th, 2012 09:41 PM

Fantasy video and quick review

All, we disembarked Disney Fantasy a week ago and thought I would share our impressions. This was our 21st, but our first on Disney. We were sailing Fantasy's Eastern Caribbean itinerary with our 9 and 7-year old daughters. This won't be an in-depth review but rather our key observations on the ship and voyage.

For those who'd rather watch than read, I've put together a video tour of the ship. You can find it at the link below:

Disney Fantasy - YouTube

Ok. Now our thoughts!

Concierge Club - Fantastic! Many here on the board had written they no longer leave home without it. We are now most definitely part of that group! What a difference it made. We had booked a similar tier on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas but this was a step up. The service was way more attentive. The three concierges were always proactively reaching out to ensure we were enjoying ourselves and everything was to our satisfaction whenever we visited the Concierge Lounge. In fact, they had several surprises like colouring books for the kids, arcade credits, private character visits, etc.The complimentary food and beverages were also a notch above. Refined salmon bites and muesli at breakfast, desert bites in the afternoon, hors d'oeuvres to accompany cocktails. All higher quality than we expected and so great to have food steps from our cabin. And the lounge's bartender didn't wimp out on his mixes as is sometimes the case with complimentary beverages. We didn't think we'd use the private sun deck a lot given it didn't have a pool or hot tub but we did. Rarely busy and so plenty of peace and quiet. It does have a water mist, an attendant who walks around with cold towels and is steps from the water feature at Satellite Falls. Finally, we enjoyed the more luxurious decor and furniture of the staterooms in this class.

Entertainment - The entire ship and cruise is one big show, and we loved it. Whether it's the many character sightings, the animated art, the Disney music throughout that matches either the day's theme or area of the ship you're in, the Enchanted Garden that turns to night while you dine or the chat with Crush in Animator's Palate, the fireworks at sea and many more, there's always something going on. My wife and I actually surprised ourselves having full conversations over dinner uninterrupted by the kids who were too absorbed by the action around them. The marketing isn't hype, this is a ship where adults and kids actually enjoy themselves.

Service - We found the service to match Disney's on land. In fact, we were a bit surprised that it was so consistent. From 'hello princess' for the girls to 'have a magical day', it was a seamless transition from our stay at Walt Disney World prior to boarding the ship. Speaking of transition, we were pretty amazed that our luggage picked up at Bay Lake Tower in the morning showed up on the ship… We were passed the required time for pick up by about an hour and had a cabin change. Nonetheless, it made it. So, consistent, friendly and efficient service here.

Water - While I continue to find pool sizes are shrinking on ships (Carnival Magic which we were on in Europe last Summer is a prime example of this) and that to be true of Disney Fantasy as well, I really like how Disney got creative here. Yes, there are the 3 separate pools but there are also a number of water features that help keep folks cool and disperse them throughout the ship. To mention here: Satellite Falls, Aquaduck, Aqualab, Nemo's Reef, the sheltered hot tubs away from the pools, and the other small tub up a deck from the adult pool. Ditto in the spa. We took the Rain Forest package and enjoyed the private verandah with hot tubs and as well as the many themed showers. Very nice.

Castaway Cay - Ok. We've done them all (except Half Moon Cay) and in our book, this is the best (closely followed by Labadee). What we enjoyed the most was actually not the beach or the slides or the theming which are all great, but the piece and quiet. We rented bikes with the kids and roamed around the island. It is serene and gorgeous.

That's it folks. Our impressions of Disney Fantasy. Loved it and now looking at repeating the experience. Any questions, don't hesitate!

BigMac July 18th, 2012 09:33 AM

I can't wait for my trip on the Fantasy! Thanks for the review!

steilkurve July 23rd, 2012 11:41 PM

No problem. Enjoy your Fantasy cruise!

Phantomzkb August 24th, 2012 09:35 PM

Wow great review and we love your video, it gets us so much more excited for our cruise in January...... Thank You for the review....

adley October 4th, 2012 03:35 PM

That is just superb and i haven't any plan yet on fantasy but after reading this review i ting i have made a big mistake and i will make plan of fantasy as soon as possible.

------------------------------------------------

Donna October 4th, 2012 07:11 PM

Great video, ship looks wonderful and I love Castaway Cay...What all is there to do on the island/beach?? How was the food??