Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default New Cruiser...

Hello! I am taking my children on a 7 night western Caribbean cruise on the Disney Wonder leaving Galveston, Texas next fall 2013. We leave the port, at sea for two days, than Jamaica, than Cayman Islands, than Mexico and than two days at sea and than back to Texas.

Here is my question: It was my mistake, but I'm somewhat sad that we won't be able to experience Castaway Cay. I really, really wanted to try it out but I guess it can be saved for another time.

#1) Can I have a overall good trip without the Castaway Cay?

Also

#2) When looking at excursions on the ports - I seen many different beaches I can pay for the kids and I to go and lay around in. However, I was wondering if I have to pay in order to go to a beach or if those ports have free public beaches we can go on right on the port?

I am brand new to cruising - this will be my first cruise and I'm confused at all this. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old December 6th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

In Grand Cayman, you can get a cab and go to 7 mile beach. The cab drivers will know where to drop you. There are some hotels on the beach that welcome cruisers for the day. I would however, recommend going on an excursion to swim with the Sting Rays there, it is really something not to miss....

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 16th, 2013, 03:13 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I think that as far as what you have planned itself is a very good trip. Do not worry about castaway bay. I think that you and your kids will be able to enjoy yourselves and have a great time.

***Edited to remove commercial reference***

Last edited by Donna; January 16th, 2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: removed hyper link