Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 27th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Familiar Face

Default Wonder trans canal cruise highlights

Just got off the Magic. Will not bore you all with general comments. Try to highlight points of interest and observations.
First of all the trip is the right length, two weeks at sea. Amazed that some people were going for third week to Western
Carribben but when they told me $2800 for me to go another week when I had paid about half of that for the two weeks I said no way.
I was also informed that a travel group out of Arizona had got better accomodations and air for the same amount I paid I thought the Disney people must have been
desperate to fill the ship and yet they had only about half a boat load about a thousand souls. I know this because the crew told me.
The half a boatload really did work out well for service. In general there was no waiting for service and the crew was happy to talk with me.
I found out that the Magic which is the sister ship to the Wonder is going into refurb in Spain 2013. I highly suspect that the Wonder will be going into refurb in either 2013 or 2014 after she does her cruises out of Miami, Galveston and West Coast. The Wonder is really showing signs of wear and tear and she needs a refurb.

Food was generally very good. Escargot every night that I wanted it. Two lobster nights. Mickey ice cream bar for dessert. Giant turkey legs on the buffet table during chocolate night. What combination chocolate fondue fruit and a giant turkey leg - suspicion is that they are actually ostritch legs, but who cares. Kid menu had banana split on
it which I really enjoyed.

I was a single adult male who sat at the singles table with three females and another male from Brussels. Good table, very compatible. People were pretty good. Most parents with kids were very caring and doting on the kids. One guy raised Cain about a defective baby seat in the restaurant and was yelling for the manager. Don't know how this was resolved. Heard about one old couple gripping about the kids on the ship. No gripes at our table about kids. They were fun to watch and most of the time they were out of sight.

Have to stop now. Caught bad cold coming back into the North country.
Sponsored Links