CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Disney (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/disney/)
-   -   First time cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/disney/400033-first-time-cruisers.html)

loodle November 30th, 2013 09:42 AM

First time cruisers

hi everyone :)

We are hoping to travel to America (we are from Australia) for a nice luxurious holiday including a 7 night eastern Caribbean cruise in September 2015. We are currently scrimping and saving so we can go top line on most things so that when the itineraries become available we can book straight away. The only thing we are having trouble with is knowing how much to budget for the cruise so can anyone help and give us a rough estimation on how much royal suite has cost in september in the past? there will be 2 adults and 3 children aged 11, 8 and 3 cruising.
Many thanks in advance

rainajones January 3rd, 2014 07:38 AM

new dude

hello, i am raina.
i am willing to go to london. I want to know which cruise is preferable and cheap enough to go there soon.please help me.

storybookcruises.com January 3rd, 2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loodle (Post 1490368)
hi everyone :)

We are hoping to travel to America (we are from Australia) for a nice luxurious holiday including a 7 night eastern Caribbean cruise in September 2015. We are currently scrimping and saving so we can go top line on most things so that when the itineraries become available we can book straight away. The only thing we are having trouble with is knowing how much to budget for the cruise so can anyone help and give us a rough estimation on how much royal suite has cost in september in the past? there will be 2 adults and 3 children aged 11, 8 and 3 cruising.
Many thanks in advance

I wouldn't be looking at what they cost in the past as that's a moot point. Look at what they are now and plan accordingly. In my experience of the last 12 years selling Disney, VERY seldom do the prices ever go down or even change all that much compared to all the other cruise lines.

But September usually does have some of the cheapest rates available compared to the other times of the year. Only problem is that hurricane season is from June 1st to November 30th, with the middle of August to the middle of September being the peak season. So, you have to be flexible and don't get upset if the itinerary changes at the last minute to avoid weather. (Once, we were scheduled to do the Eastern Caribbean and ended up doing the Western Caribbean because of a hurricane. Had great weather the entire cruise and we had a wonderful cruise even though we didn't go where we had planned.)

The trick is to book as soon as possible, because not only do you guarantee to get the cabin you want, but it could very well be the best price. If you wait, the cabin may not be available and the prices could go up. Besides, if you have it booked then you can plan your budget and payment accordingly instead of waiting and not know how much it's going to cost you.

Pete