CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Embarkation/Debarkation Ports (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/embarkation-debarkation-ports/)
-   -   Bayside Marketplace (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/embarkation-debarkation-ports/303915-bayside-marketplace.html)

Denise777 November 13th, 2005 08:42 PM

Bayside Marketplace

Hi Cruisemate,

We will be arriving in Miami the day before our cruise and staying at a hotel on the north beach. How safe is this area? Also, we would like to visit the Bayside Marketplace and will have our vehicle, how safe to park in this area? It seems that I have last minute safety issues that haven't crossed my mind until today. All advice appreciated.

Cruz Crazy November 18th, 2005 10:01 PM

I live in Miami and go to Bayside occasionally.

It's safe to park there. There is parking as you enter the area for a fee. I think it's like $5, but not sure.

If you have time, there's a nice boat tour that takes you past the cruise ship pier and then over some of the wealthy islands and you get to see some nice homes from the water. There are alot of stars who live on those islands.

A good place to eat is Bubba Gumps in Bayside and there is also a Hard Rock Cafe and some other restaurants. Lot's of kiosks also.

I assume you are also staying in South Beach. I never heard of North Beach. It might be harder to park there, you might want to contact the Visitors Bureau online and see if you can get some information on parking.

Cathy

Denise77 November 20th, 2005 09:33 AM

Thank you so much. Our hotel is on Ocean Ter? or Terrace? Parking is for a fee in front of the hotel according to the website. We will be there one night. I appreciate you feedback and will try the cruise around the bay. Can we walk to that from Bayside and leave the vehicle parked?
Thanks, Denise

MaryLou January 12th, 2006 08:43 PM

I second the suggestion to eat at Bubba Gumps....it is a really fun restuarant.

Cruz Crazy January 30th, 2006 02:25 PM

You can only get the boat ride from Bayside, it's right inside by the boat slips. You can't miss it.

There is also a Hard Rock Cafe there as well as Bubba Gumps. If you want to try some Cuban food, there are restaraunts there as well.

On the pier there are bars in which you can get a drink and sit by the water and there is always music.

Bayside is pretty nice to visit without having to go to South Beach. Enjoy.

David West June 27th, 2006 09:26 PM

Re: Bayside Marketplace

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denise777
Hi Cruisemate,

We will be arriving in Miami the day before our cruise and staying at a hotel on the north beach. How safe is this area? Also, we would like to visit the Bayside Marketplace and will have our vehicle, how safe to park in this area? It seems that I have last minute safety issues that haven't crossed my mind until today. All advice appreciated.

Hello Denise,
Do visit the Market Place. Its very nice and clean. The little tour that Cruz Crazy, meantioned is very nice also.. The wife and I did that right at sunset.
Bubba Gumps, is a good place to eat, as Mary Lou said. Had a great time there.
There is a parking garage there as you enter the Market place. Can't miss it.

Happy Cruising; :D
David