Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Embarkation/Debarkation Ports
Register Forgot Password?

Embarkation/Debarkation Ports Discuss pre/post cruise planning & sightseeing in various port cities.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2006, 02:38 PM
First Mate

Default Fort Lauderdale Precruise Hotel

I have booked at a hotel for March 3, but not reading great reviews on it. Read a lot of Good Reviews on Holiday Inn Express but they are booked. Any suggestions out there?? This trip is for my husband's 50th B.D., don't want to stay in a dump, but don't want to spend 500.00 either! Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks--Shuttle nice if no hassles, but we don't mind taking a taxi to the port!
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Admiral

There is the King Tut exhibit going on right now so it is hard to get a good deal. Even the Best Western our friends stayed at in November for only $60 is now over $100. You can see what ppl on TripAdvisor.com recommend. We booked our hotel thru Priceline, bidding on 4* only but had to go down to a 3* and got the Bahia Mar Hotel for $85 in Nov. It was only for 1 night so it was okay. I heard AmeriSuites were nice and of course Embassy Suites but they were full.

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old January 19th, 2006, 08:32 AM
First Mate

Teresa, I went on Tripadvisor and also Travelocity. We are booked at the Sleep Inn and on Travelocity they got good reviews. Amerisuites is full, Embassy is not but over 300.00. I wondered what this King Tut thing was I kept hearing about. Better keep our room, it is now over 200.00 on Travelocity and we got it for 135.00. Maybe we will just take a taxi to port instead of shuttle. Thanks for info.
Also, we are going on Liberty and I see you have been on it. Any suggestions or hints? We have cruised before but not on Carnival and not on this big of ship. We have done all our cruises on RCL. Really appreciate all the info.
Old January 19th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Admiral

I'm not familiar with that hotel at all but that's not too bad a price but you still have time. If there is no penalty and you find a better deal you can always change it. As far as the Liberty, it was the 2nd sailing after coming to the US, lots of new crew so things were ok. We tried the supper club but were disappointed by the service. The food was great. Have a great time.

Teresa

7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

Old January 19th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Admiral

we have stayed at the Marriott Marina and the Embassy Suites Hotel.
Both are very nice, if i had to pick one i would pick the Embassy Suites, it is a beautiful hotel with large rooms, great pool area, a full buffet breakfast and a cocktail hour is included in your fare. They have shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier, again no out of pocket expense for the shuttle.
I don't recall how much we paid, we got a group rate thru our TA- it was less than $100.00 per night per person.

Marriott Marina - nice hotel - beautiful grounds, hotel sits alongside the intercoastal waterway you will find boats of all sizes docked alongside the hotel. Very nice pool area with a nice bar that overlooks the waterway. We took taxi so i don't know about shuttle service.
Old January 27th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Beginner

We stayed at the Marriott Marina last year before our Costa Cruise. We thought it was a GREAT property!!
Old February 2nd, 2006, 02:39 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to JimE Send a message via Yahoo to JimE

I also have stayed at the Marriot and it was quite nice. The last cruise I took we stayed at the Weston. It was also nice but far from the airport. We had done this because of the threat of Hurricane Wilma and wanted to be in a couple days early in case of flight problems.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 03:48 PM
Beginner

We have just booked our first cruise in years and we'll be staying the night in Ft. Lauderdale before the cruise....but we only live 50 miles away. Are there any hotels that let you leave your car, to avoid paying the parking fees at the port?
Old February 3rd, 2006, 04:23 PM
Admiral

flamingo,
Probably only if you stayed the night before or for $ which might be the same as the port. What we have done when cruising out of San Diego, only 90 miles from us, is rent a car for under $25 each way. They had a return location near the port with a free shuttle. Saved us a $ and the hassle of the parking lot.

7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration