CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Embarkation/Debarkation Ports (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/embarkation-debarkation-ports/)
-   -   Fort Lauderdale Hotels (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/embarkation-debarkation-ports/325869-fort-lauderdale-hotels.html)

Harpo January 10th, 2007 06:14 PM

Fort Lauderdale Hotels

Has anyone got any advise on a good hotel close to the cruise terminal?
We will only have the one night there so we would like a good location that we can find something to do.

Harpo

LisaK January 12th, 2007 10:51 AM

Harpo there are a lot to choose from that are near the terminal.
The AmeriSuites is a great choice- not terribly expensive. If you just want a basic hotel then check out the Holiday Inn Express on 17th street. Clean, basic hotel, may not have a pool, not sure.
The Embassy Suites is a gorgeous hotel but it is becoming very pricey according to my TA
The Marriott Marina is another very nice hotel but it is also a bit pricey

Harpo January 12th, 2007 03:22 PM

Thanks Lisa you have helped on the choices. The hotel prices seem expensive I don't know if it's time we are going but we will have to bit the bullet. We are arriving on Apr 27 and broad the Coral Princess on Apr 28 destine to the Panama through to Los Angles. First time for this trip can hardly wait!!!! Thanks again.

mateli February 5th, 2007 10:12 AM

Hi! The Amerisuite and the Embassy have a shuttle service to the pier.Have a nice cruise, Mateli

Harpo February 6th, 2007 03:19 PM

Thanks Mateli I just booked the AmeriSuites. Great news on the shuttle we are travelling with another person. So I was concerned about all the luggage, we do not want to get separated.

Thanks Again

240bwh September 12th, 2007 07:25 PM

My TA has found Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise Port as well as the Best Western Oceanside Inn, both reasonable very close to the Port Everglades. I found that Google Earth has been a great way of finding where things are.

CA Cruiser September 12th, 2007 09:47 PM

In March, the Embassy Suites did not have a shuttle to the port. They only offered a shuttle to the airport. We arrived early in the morning on a red-eye from California and had to take a taxi to the hotel. The nice thing was, they let us check in early..7AM...Sleep! Very nice stay there.

Tishbo96 October 10th, 2007 09:34 PM

My family just booked the Hampton Inn Airport/Cruiseport North. This hotel was less than 160per night (Dec. 23rd) and they offer a complimentary hot breakfast and free shuttle service to/from anywhere within 5 miles. We've already made arrangments for a pickup from the Amtrak station and to/from the cruiseport. I've heard great reviews and I'm looking forward to the trip. I'll be sure to leave a review when we return. Hope this helps.
Tish

ara0926 May 8th, 2008 05:27 PM

Safe Area?

Is the Port Everglade area safe? or is there any areas we should be wary of?

cgkpt May 10th, 2008 04:20 PM

Comfort Suites Air/Cruise Port

I'm looking for a decent hotel as well at a good price; would rather put the money into the cruise time itself. Came across the Comfort Suites Air Cruise Port. Looks like going rate is $126 but military rate is $80. Rated AAA 3 star. Free transportation to hotel from airport & also to port. Free breakfast. I have seen some decent trip reports on this place but also some nasty ratings, saying it was dirty.

Does anyone have any input? Hard to beat $80....

Thanks.

Dannyboy July 19th, 2008 03:47 PM

Sun Trolley & Water Taxi

Go to the BCT=Boward County Transit web site.
Currently Sun Trolley all day pass is $3.50 per person.