Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Embarkation/Debarkation Ports
Register Forgot Password?

Embarkation/Debarkation Ports Discuss pre/post cruise planning & sightseeing in various port cities.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 30th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Beginner

Default Car Rental Question

Cheers All

I have a question and I know the vast knowledge out there can help me.

My family and I are going on a Carnival cruise this upcoming January.Wooo Hooo!

We're planning to go down a couple days earlier and take in the scenery and rent a vehicle.Our oppurtunity lies wether or not car rental agencies have shuttle services to the ports or is there a drop area in the area much like airports have.

If anyone has any input,we would appreciate it and what company you used if they have a drop off site at the port

Thank wise one!

"The Fish"
Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Most will drop you off at the pier. I'd go ahead and drop my luggage early with the porters then return your car. Good luck.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old August 12th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

We just got back and had a smooth rental and return.

We flew into FLL rented a car at the airport at Hertz. I must add the rate we rented for was exceeded in what we were given. The whole rental process was so smooth.

We did sign up online for the hertz #1 club and did everything at their kiosk only in attempt that if they went over their guarantee time we would get $50 off. I think the whole process to about 10 minutes and we were on our way.

We also rented with Hertz because one I found a discount code on http://www.retailmenot.com/coupons/travel and two we were returning the car to the Miami HLE downtown location to take their on demand shuttle to the port.

When we returned the car we had no more than a 10 minute wait for the shuttle. The driver loaded all our luggage unloaded it right there where the porters are to take your luggage. I tipped him $1 per bag. There was 6 of us in our group so 9 bags to load and unload.

We were then picked up again at the port in Miami for a post cruise rental to drive back to the FLL airport. This line was long. We did not do self debark and didn't get a head start on this rental BUT next time we will be doing the self debark. We had two days at 165 and one day 45.00.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old November 9th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Familiar Face

If you rent with National or Alamo then you'll have a free shuttle ride to/from Port Everglades. However you'll need to show them your rental contract/receipt in effect. They were strict on that.

There were a few folks (without a rental contract) that offered to pay the driver on the side but they were refused.

Budget didn't have a shuttle service. I rented with them before our cruise in Oct 2011. After the cruise it was with National.