I am working on my MBA. I am taking Marketing Strategy this semester and have a marketing project I must complete. I have to select a business and go through the motions of writing a marketing proposal. So the idea I am working on is transportation to and from the port of Galveston to the 2 major airports. I came up with this idea when I was having such a hard time with Enterprise Rental cars in Galveston. I’m not going to rehash the whole story but I will say the experience got me thinking that there has got to be a better way. Transportation back and forth to Galveston from the 2 major airports is very expensive. The rental car is a great idea – as it can save money when you have 2 to 4 people. So I have a few questions I want to ask – a poll – if you could please take the time to answer a few questions it will help me with my proposal.
1) What do you feel is a reasonable amount (total) for 2 people to get back to (or from) Houston International Airport? Hobby?
2) What do you feel is a reasonable amount (total) for 3 people to get back to (or from) Houston International Airport? Hobby?
3) What do you feel is a reasonable amount (total) for 4 people to get back to (or from) Houston International Airport? Hobby?
4) If you rented a car would you be willing to pay a little extra (for the car – not per person) to get from the car rental place to the pier or visa versa? NOTE: Enterprise does not provide transportation in either direction. Taxi fare is approximately $10.
5) Would you rent a car not knowing what rental car company you would be using until you get to the rental agency as long as you knew it was a National name?
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I have to turn the project in on May 9th – so only respond until May 8th, 2010.