CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Embarkation/Debarkation Ports (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/embarkation-debarkation-ports/)
-   -   Pt. Canaveral suggestions??? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/embarkation-debarkation-ports/373857-pt-canaveral-suggestions.html)

mustang sally May 16th, 2010 08:25 AM

Pt. Canaveral suggestions???

We are torn about staying in Pt Canaveral or Orlando as a pre-cruise stay.
Our plan is to arrive at the airport early the morning before. We usually like to stay in at least a 4 star hotel. Can anyone recommend one in Pt. Canaveral? I think we would prefer to stay there if this exists. Just looking for a nice pool to relax at for the day , a nice dinner and maybe a little nightlife. Any suggestions?
Also other than Kennedy - is there anything to do there? Shopping?
Any restaurant suggestions?

Any hotel suggestions for staying in Orlando?
Thanks alot.

Donna May 16th, 2010 08:34 AM

I once stayed at the Marriot by the Orlando airport, it was very nice, beautiful pool and different places to eat...

AF1 May 25th, 2010 09:07 AM

I would have to recommend the Hilton in Cocoa Beach. It is right on the ocean with great views; it think it is a four star hotel. I myself will be looking to book a hotel in either Orlando or Port Canaveral next year. I have 11 in my family so I will be getting several rooms. I stay in hotels year round when I travel so I acquire lots of hotel points. I have them in several top name hotels. Anyway I am looking at booking the Hilton or I may book the Hyatt Regency inside the Orlando Airport. It has everything. Pools, resturaunts. I am looking at the Hyatt due to I need round trip shuttle service to and from port canaveral. If I fly into Orlando and the shuttle takes me to the Hilton, I have to pay the Hilton $5 per person for the shuttle to the ship. If I stay in Orlando the shuttle service will pick us up on Sunday and take us right to the ship, thus saving $55. I have plenty of time to decide; so that is my opinion:)

mustang sally May 25th, 2010 05:25 PM

Does anyone know if the Hilton in Cocoa Beach is nicer than the Radisson? We don't need transportation to the ship from a hotel.

Barryn514 December 27th, 2010 10:50 PM

We are booked on the Dream for Oct, 2011 and we are flying in from San Diego and most likely will catch the red eye, that leave at 11:30 PM and arrivals at Orlando at 8:30AM. Was looking at expedia for flights and I see there are two different airports there, which one is closes to the ship terminal?

THANKS!

BScott01 September 14th, 2013 05:32 PM

Port Canaveral Cruise

Fly into Orlando the day/night before the cruise and stay at a Orlando airport hotel. All of them offer a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. We prefer the Holiday Inn Express or the Comfort Suites.
Trying to fly in the morning of the cruise can be a disaster and trying to get from the airport to a hotel near the Port is very expensive.
We found a service that picked us up at the lobby of our hotel and dropped us off right at the entrance of our ship for only $45 each AND gave us a free ride to the airport after the cruise! By far the best way to go. The company name was Tropicana and we made our reservation with them online.
Easy, quick and cheap!!
I hope this helps many people. It's a little known secret.:wink:

Queen of Oakville September 16th, 2013 10:13 AM

We used to always stain in PC; now we stay in Orlando.

IMHO the hotels in PC are pretty run down. Fine for a pre-cruise stay though. We've mostly stayed at the Radisson. Looks great in pictures, but this hotel has seen better days. Pool is nice though.

When we've stayed there (mostly March) - the ocean is too cold, which negates any incentive to be near the ocean.

The last few trips, we've stayed in Orlando. Better hotels and more to do, even if all we want to do is relax. On the morning of the sailing, its a short drive to PC; and since we always rent a car - this works for us. We return the car in PC and then get the shuttle to the port.

There is more hotel competition in Orlando, so you pay less and get more. On a recent sailing they wanted close to $200 for the Radisson which I thought was absurd, so we stayed in Orlando and paid less for the hotel and rental car combined. We've been doing the same thing since and havent' looked back.