Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Embarkation/Debarkation Ports
Register Forgot Password?

Embarkation/Debarkation Ports Discuss pre/post cruise planning & sightseeing in various port cities.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2010, 05:53 PM
Passenger

Question Ft Lauderdale Hotels with Free Parking

I searched a bit in this forum and also in the Hotels forum and didn't find any recent reports; therefore, started a new thread. Looking for a hotel in Ft Lauderdale where we can leave car for free during cruise. Years ago, we stayed at Amerisuites which I saw was now Hyatt Place according to a thread in Hotels forum. Is this still a good choice? We will be staying night of 3 January so it is high season. We really just want basic hotel, shuttle to port, and a reasonable taxi fare back without spending too much money. About how much should we expect to pay?

Thanks,

Wilbur
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:29 PM
Administrator
Admiral

The hotels I've read about are:

LaQuinta at the Airport
Cambria Suites Dania
Hampton Inn Plantation
Holiday Inn Hollywood

Just note that you will need shuttle/taxi service to and from these hotels. None of these will be more than $20, each way, for taxi.

The Hyatt Place is the best choice IF they still allow you to leave your car. It is in a great location and close to restaurants, shopping and grocery.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Also note, if the hotel you book has free parking for cruisers,it will be suspended, if at that time, there are conventions in town.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 2nd, 2010, 02:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

We have stayed at the Amerisuites ( now Hyatt Place) too and paid less by booking via ValueTrips.com Travel Discounts and Specials I am not sure about the parking though. They do have a courtesy airport and port shuttle and you get a 'continental' breakfast.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 02:46 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the input. I just found an AARP rate at Hyatt Place for $152. Hampton Inn Plantation is $169. I also learned that the Orange Bowl is that night. I guess I will give Hyatt a call.

Wilbur
Old July 20th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Wilbur, that price is high for Hyatt Place....depending when you need it, I just saw a price for 50.00 per night...try priceline...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 21st, 2010, 04:51 PM
Passenger

Trip, unfortunately Priceline won't guarantee me a hotel with free parking.

All our friends are staying at Sheraton Harbor Beach hotel; I just need to find something close that has parking.

Thanks,

Wilbur