Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Embarkation/Debarkation Ports
Register Forgot Password?

Embarkation/Debarkation Ports Discuss pre/post cruise planning & sightseeing in various port cities.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Familiar Face

Default Rental car drop off in Miami

We've rented a car at FLL and will return it the day of our cruise to Miami. Is it easier to drop it off at the airport or downtown Miami? Budget has a downtown location on 2nd Street (I think). Drop off will be on a Saturday - what's the traffic like in DT Miami and is it easy to get around/find places?
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Your downtown Miami would be closer to the pier than the airport, do both offer a shuttle to and from pier?? The airport is about a 20-30 minute drive from the pier, so again, not too terrible...

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:46 PM
Familiar Face

I'm not sure if either offers a shuttle. When I call the 1-800 number they tell me neither location offers a shuttle to POM but people on other boards have said they do. Apparently it is $25 taxi fare from airport and about $12 from downtown. I'm not concerned about that really, just whether it is an easy drive in downtown Miami on a Saturday morning or would we be better off just to drop the car at the airport location.
Old March 21st, 2013, 06:36 PM
Admiral

We are dropping our rental off at the 2nd street budget rental. Let me know how it goes if you do the same.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 26th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
We are dropping our rental off at the 2nd street budget rental. Let me know how it goes if you do the same.
That's what we did. It was easy. The location is actually really close to the exit off the highway. We did a trial run on Friday morning and it was awful! But Saturday morning was smooth sailing Such a huge difference in traffic compared to Friday morning. The Budget office was a 5 minute taxi ride at the most to the port. The taxi fare was just over $7.