Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Entertainment on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Entertainment on Ships All aspects of shipboard entertainment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2004, 02:06 PM
Passenger

Default NCL WIND - Fun or Not So Fun?

Has anyone been on the NCL Wind in the past few years that can give me some insite to what to expect entertainment wise? How many "night clubs" does the ship have and do you know what kind of music they play? Do you think we'll see many 25-30 somethings on the ship?

Thanks!

jeff
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2004, 11:23 AM
Passenger

Default Re: NCL WIND - Fun or Not So Fun?

the cruise is less than 24 days away! can't anyone help me?? PLEASE?!?!

Jeff

NCL Wind
Old March 11th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: NCL WIND - Fun or Not So Fun?

We were just on the Wind a couple of weeks ago. My wife and I are in our mid-late 30's, and there were plenty of people both younger and older than us. There was a very good mix. Not as old as Holland American, not as crazy as Carnival...

The night shows in the Stardust Lounge were excellent. The Jean Ann Ryan singers and dancers performed 3 different shows, they were all great. Comedian Steve Van Zandt (http://www.stevevanzandt.com/) performed one late-night show, he was alright. There was a comedian juggler, Pete Matthews (http://www.crazyjuggler.com/) who was downright hilarious. I think he was getting ready to move on to something else, but I'm sure they have something else just as good lined up.

As far as other night club entertainment, there was a pianist that was alright, but seemed to play to the older crowd. At Dazzles disco, there was a DJ playing to the younger crowd. At Lucky's Bar there was a duo that we didn't think was very good.

Our favorite evening spot was in the Observatory lounge where there was a duo, Jose and Patti (http://www.entagency.com/jose_and_patti/) who sang 50's 60's and 70's oldies, Latin, Jazz, and some mainstream to recorded music while Jose also helped out with his guitar. Patti has one of the best female voices that I've heard.

They had a Caribbean party on deck one night, and Joy, the calypso band was playing. They were really good. They were also playing live by the main pool most afternoons.

Enjoy!

HAL Nieuw Amsterdam 7/97
Sea Princess 10/01
NCL Norwegian Wind 2/04
Caribbean Princess 9/04
Old March 11th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: NCL WIND - Fun or Not So Fun?

Thanks so much for posting! I was wondering if anyone was going to be able to answer my question before we left. That sound great. Some nights I like to go to the club type atmosphere and hear jumping party type music and some nights I like to hang out and listen to a piano. I'm glad they'll have something to appeal to all my moods. From what everyone has said, the entertainment (shows, etc) are absolutely top notch. I've really never read anything bad at all...at least noth that I can remember.

I'm so glad to hear you saw a good mix of age groups. I love to meet people both younger and older than us, but it always stinks to be the youngest (and sometimes the only young) people on the ship!

Thanks again for answering me. If anyone else has something to add, please speak up! I leave in 15 days!!!!

jeff

NCL Wind