Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Entertainment on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Entertainment on Ships All aspects of shipboard entertainment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2004, 07:35 PM
Manuel

Default Question about Internet Access on RCCL Splendour of the Seas

Hello Everyone,

I am going on the Splendor of the Seas this month and I was wondering how the Internet access is on board. My question is because I have a digital camera which can get full easily, and I wanted to know if I could actually plug my camera (with my USB cable) into the computers in the ship. I want to do this in order to send them home and be able to make room for more pictures in my camera's memory. Thank you very much in advance.

Manuel
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Question about Internet Access on RCCL Splendour of the

The cruise I am going on isn't for another 11 months but I am a very big picture taker and was worried about the same thing. I asked my in-laws who are not only paying for this family cruise but have been on many other cruises themselves, and my father -in-law suggested I just buy another card for my camera. He said other than that they charge too much (20?each time) so you can use the internet, you would need to make sure you can download the software you need to transfer your pictures and that there would be someplace to plug your USB cable to. I took his advice and bought another card, I went on ebay and purchased a 512 card (retails for 200.00) and got it for 105.00 it will fit about 400 pictures and I don't have to waste time and worry about them allowing us to download software for the pictures. Also, if you think about it if you download it twice that would probably be about 40 or so, you can get a 256 (that will fit about 200 pics) for about that price (on ebay, retail about 80). something to think about...