Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Entertainment on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Entertainment on Ships All aspects of shipboard entertainment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Sophie Barlow

Default Ariel Jacobe pianist

Does anyone know if Ariel Jacobe still performs on the Norwegian Spirit?
I heard him perform in June 2004. I want to book another cruise and I don't
want to miss him!!! He is a very talented pianist. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2005, 09:24 PM
David Kemp

Default Re: Ariel Jacobe pianist

We cruised on the Norwegian Spirit 10-31-04 to 11-14-04. Ariel Jacobe performed from 10-31 to 11-4-04, then left the ship in Miami on 11-5. Having heard him previously on the Norwegian Sun in December 2002, I was very happy that he was aboard the Spirit, then disappointed to see him leave. I did not get a chance to ask him where he was headed next. He is certainly multi-talented and has a great personality too. We heard him perform everything from Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue (by request) to music from Phantom of the Opera to Sinatra hits.
Old February 7th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Larry Pierce

We returned from the Carribean Sunday on the Norwegian Dream. Ariel Jacobe was there and doing his great thing. We purchased his CD, dedicated to his wife. The waitresses aboard ship refer to him as a playboy. It didn't seem to affect his talent. When applauded and cheered, he really comes alive and puts himself into the the evening. When he did the Phantom of the Opera theme it was goosebump time! Did you notice that when he plays something he ocassionally uses words, not always, but NEVER has to use music scores!!!
LP
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Jennifer Ferrarini

Default Re: Re: Ariel Jacobe pianist

Larry,

Thanks for the info about Ariel Jacobe. He is a wonderful pianist. I would really
love to have a copy of the CD you purchased. This is a big favor to ask, would you
send me a copy of it. I will pay for any charges that apply. I can't go on a cruise in the
near future, this would be a musical gift. I'm sure his wife would love to find out that
he is a playboy!!! Thanks, Larry
Old February 16th, 2005, 07:38 PM
j brent

We were on the Norwegian Dream 2/6/05 - 2/13/05 and heard Ariel almost every night. He is a very talented pianist and we enjoyed him very much. I bought the last copy of his CD which he signed for me. He also posed for pictures with my daughter and I. He made our cruise more enjoyable.
Old April 25th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Andrea Gaskell

Hello sophie my name is Andrea and I am looking for somebody called Ariel Jacobe and was just wondering if this is the same person you are talking about. Is the Ariel you saw play from the Philippines? I would be really grateful if you could let me know.

Thanks, Andrea.
Old April 25th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Sophie Barlow

Default Re: Re: Ariel Jacobe pianist

Hello Andrea,

I was on the Norwegian Spirit Last summer, and I really enjoyed hearing Ariel
perform. He is from the Philippines. He is now on the Norwegian Dream, I would
really like to go on another cruise to Alaska. Ariel is an amazing talent! Have you
seen him perform on a NCL cruise? I know he has recorded a CD. I would love to
get a copy, maybe this summer !

Take care,
Sophie
Old April 26th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Andrea Gaskell

Default Re: Re: Re: Ariel Jacobe pianist

Hi, Sophie,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes I have heard Ariel play, we worked together 11 years ago. We lost contact but I need to speak to him. I spent the afternoon looking for him, using the internet and have located him. He is currently working on the Norwegian Sea.

Thanks again, Andrea.
Old October 24th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Beginner

I use to work with Ariel on the Regal Empress 10 years ago. I would love to know what ship he is working on. It is good to hear he is still doing well and he still has the same personality. I do have a cassette tape he made for me but would love to have a CD of his also.
Old March 4th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Beginner

Default Ariel Jacobe - pianist/entertainer extrodinaire

Just returned from a GLORIOUS week on the Norwegian Gem... with the impressive and talented Ariel Jacobe at the piano every night. Music is my drug of choice and his renderings were a supreme fix. As I am aware the cruise line rotates the crew from ship to ship ... I'll need to do my homework to determine Ariel's whereabouts for my next cruise. Singing along with the old (and not so old) standards would lose some of it's charm without Ariel.
Each evening he drew a substantial & grateful crowd... many of us became regulars at first blush. Thanks to Norwegian for the gift of Ariel.

PS - If indeed there is an Ariel CD out there I'd love to have one!!!! I'd appreciate any info 'you' could provide.
Old May 6th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Beginner

Ariel is on the Norwegian Gem, in the Mediterrean as of now 5-6-8.