Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Entertainment on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Entertainment on Ships All aspects of shipboard entertainment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2004, 02:36 AM
chip

Default NIght time entertainment, Help!

I have been on the RCCL Splendour (99), Carnival Elation (02), and the Carnival Paradise (03). I have been very suprise at the lack of night time activity on board. The nightclubs seem to shut down, and no one is to be found after 11pm at night.

I am booking a cruise in Sept 05 to take along a bunch of mid-aged friends, and I am looking for the best ship to enojoy at night. Which ones have the most active bars/lounges. Which one keep the nightclubs open until 5am? Which one has people enjoying themselves, rather than saying (yawn, it is 10pm, got to get to bed).

Paradise was a non-smoking ship, and that kind of explained a lot. It was the worst I have been on. The other two we just kind of duds by themselves. Any advice, help!!!!!?
Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Cruseylovr

Default Re: NIght time entertainment, Help!

Hey Chip,
I've only been on one Cruise and that was RCCL Enchantment of the Seas. It was really fun. Alot of the nights I didnt go to bed until after I had breakfast first. that tells you how late we were up. :-) I've "heard" that RCCL was more laid back as compared to Carnival, so this summer I'm going to try the Carnival Valor. I hope it does not dissapoint. I'm going with a group of friends as I did on the Enchantment. I believe I had much more fun as I was with a group of friends who liked to have fun also.
Old December 22nd, 2004, 08:12 PM
hcat

Default Re: NIght time entertainment, Help!

Sept can be a time for older folks to travel so bring your own friends. On Constellation we had fun but the poor few singles were really bored to tears!