Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Entertainment on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Entertainment on Ships All aspects of shipboard entertainment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2005, 03:24 PM
JasonD

Default Pride Dancers

Do all the dancers return each week? or are there new ones periodically. is there a website or anything where we can find the names/pictures of the dancers?
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2005, 08:25 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Pride Dancers

did you fall in love with one of them?

most cruise jobs are 6-8 months in length - so if you cruised recently, most likely that person is still on. You can probably write to the ship in c/o the stage manager/dance captain/cruise director if you're looking to make contact

or just take another cruise!
Old August 24th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Admiral

I always fall in love with one of the dancers. Nothing wrong with that is there? In fact, I think that's why they are there, so old guys like me will fall in lovel with them, and enjoy the show!
See you aboard,
Ken
Old July 2nd, 2008, 09:19 AM
First Mate

In the future, if you take a liking with a cruise line dancer, hang out at the public gym (they have a staff gym but it's below the deck and have no windows) just talk with the performer but please respect their privacy. The dancers also help the cruise director with bingo, or other activities.

When you go to the gym actually USE the gym, so you will not look like you are prowling around from cruise dancers. Remember they get approach by guys (the female performers) everyday they cruise so you have to have a great personality to hold their attention.

Another stay after the show and try to go backstage and shake the hand of each and every entertainer telling them how great they were tonight. Why because they tend to hang out together and if they just happen to see you one the cruise they will remember that "friendly face".

The majority of the cruise the entertainers are constantly rehearsing their numbers and the theater doors are lock and the only way to see them are when they are actually on stage.

EZ is right about contacting a Production Manager/Assistant Manager, you may ask if you can take a volunteer position to help out with the entertainment.

Since you mention Pride Dancers (I assume Carnival Pride) or just Google the respective cruise lines entertain sites, if the below site is not approved here.

http://www.carnivalentertainment.com/index.htm

Enjoy your cruise.

Old July 6th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlegator
In the future, if you take a liking with a cruise line dancer, hang out at the public gym (they have a staff gym but it's below the deck and have no windows) just talk with the performer but please respect their privacy. The dancers also help the cruise director with bingo, or other activities.

When you go to the gym actually USE the gym, so you will not look like you are prowling around from cruise dancers. Remember they get approach by guys (the female performers) everyday they cruise so you have to have a great personality to hold their attention.

Another stay after the show and try to go backstage and shake the hand of each and every entertainer telling them how great they were tonight. Why because they tend to hang out together and if they just happen to see you one the cruise they will remember that "friendly face".

The majority of the cruise the entertainers are constantly rehearsing their numbers and the theater doors are lock and the only way to see them are when they are actually on stage.

EZ is right about contacting a Production Manager/Assistant Manager, you may ask if you can take a volunteer position to help out with the entertainment.

Since you mention Pride Dancers (I assume Carnival Pride) or just Google the respective cruise lines entertain sites, if the below site is not approved here.

http://www.carnivalentertainment.com/index.htm

Enjoy your cruise.
That advice really works. I was drawn to a lead singer of a rock band and would go outside and talk with him on his breaks and stay till after the show and he would actually come over and hang out for a while. We exchanged e-mails and still keep in touch. Hope to cruise with them next year. So you can become e-mail buddies with them. Mary49
Old July 12th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

A revived VERY old thread, and now a response to a 3 year old post

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
I always fall in love with one of the dancers. Nothing wrong with that is there? In fact, I think that's why they are there, so old guys like me will fall in lovel with them, and enjoy the show!
See you aboard,
Ken
So, let's just call them what they are, "The Eye Candy Dancers," and be done with it. Honesty is a good thing. They don't hire frumpy old men and ugly women to dance, just the young and the beautiful. I suspect they do it on purpose.
Old October 10th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo1959

So, let's just call them what they are, "The Eye Candy Dancers," and be done with it. Honesty is a good thing. They don't hire frumpy old men and ugly women to dance, just the young and the beautiful. I suspect they do it on purpose.
GEE,,,ya' think? Can you imagine how many folks would attend the shows if all the dancers were middle age, to old, men and women? Not many I'd wager.
Actually, on my last RCI cruise, aboard Mariner OTS, two of the dancers were REALLY chubby. I was quite surprised, but they did do a good job, and seemed to have no problems keeping up with the routine. I salute RCI for hiring them, and giving them a chance to perform right along with the anorexic partners.

"SKY"
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Beginner

Thank you very much, your a work is great contribute in our forum between i saw your server did you do that ep4 infinity armors its not modified, nice.