CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Entertainment on Ships (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/entertainment-ships/)
-   -   Anyone know where Perry Grant is these days? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/entertainment-ships/276322-anyone-know-where-perry-grant-these-days.html)

CruzCrazy July 30th, 2005 09:11 PM

Anyone know where Perry Grant is these days?

Just curious because I have some Celebrity cruises coming up and I'm hoping he's on one of them.

Perry Grant August 12th, 2005 11:24 AM

Re: Anyone know where Perry Grant is these days?

Perry Grant is on the wonderful Celebrity ship constellation ..i am sure of this because i am him !
Am here til Dec 3rd then vacation till Jan 14th then returning same ship
have got mant groups coming and its already been a fabulous 6 weeks with much fun
Kind regards
Perry Grant

Allan August 12th, 2005 05:44 PM

Fantastic. We will be on the Constellation 11/26. We saw you last year and had a great time. Is it really Perry who answered the question? I hope so. See you in the lounge 11/26/05.

Allan

ps: who is the greatest entertainer of ALL TIME??

Ginnie August 12th, 2005 10:23 PM

Re: Re: Anyone know where Perry Grant is these days?

Hi Perry

Good friends are sailing on the Constellation October 17. Too bad that we can't come along, as I would love to see you again and do my "Lilie Marlene" impression.
Are you still playing the Crystal piano that the group gave you in appreciation of the great entertainment on the "other line"?
Here's to the greatest lounge entertainer at sea, flamboyant and all!

Gene and Clark, friends of Ella Fitzgerald, as you used to introduce us. .

CruzCrazy August 13th, 2005 09:31 PM

Hi Perry...thanks for responding and so glad you are with my favorite cruise line Celebrity.

I hope you will still be on the Constellation on March 2, 2007....yes 2007 on it's 10-night Ultimate Southern Caribbean.

That's when I will be back on her and I'm bringing along my good friends Tommy and Carlos (they have only cruised RCL and Princess, but I told them they must go on a Celebrity ship and they are).

I will touch base when we get closer to that date. Michael's Pub here we come!

lindylou July 29th, 2006 11:09 AM

:( Sorry I'm no help with Monsieur Grant, but I would like to know which cruise Charles from Orlando (dance host extraordinaire) might be taking next or how I might find out...

duncanm363 August 14th, 2006 09:05 AM

:) :D

Hi

Just returned from a cruise through the Baltic on the Constellation and haad the pleasure of 2 weeks with the inimitable Perry.

We all love Judy now

Duncan

reded24 February 15th, 2007 08:15 PM

Perry Grant you are the best. Twelve nights on the Constellation the past two weeks was a highlight of our trip. Thankyou. Every night in Michael's Pub, before dinner and after. We hope to see you again.............Ed and Winnie

P.S. how can we make a donation and get a CD.............????????

Mikcky April 18th, 2007 05:17 PM

LOL
Perry is the best of the best on any cruise ship. He is on the Constalation 04/22/07 ...Enjoy!

ichicat June 21st, 2007 04:03 PM

Just got back from a Baltic Cruise on Celebrity Constellation - and Perry was playing on board. My understanding is he will be there until August.

NormaB June 23rd, 2007 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry Grant
Perry Grant is on the wonderful Celebrity ship constellation ..i am sure of this because i am him !
Am here til Dec 3rd then vacation till Jan 14th then returning same ship
have got mant groups coming and its already been a fabulous 6 weeks with much fun
Kind regards
Perry Grant

Perry, My husband and I were on the Constellation in May'05 and we enjoyed your show every night. You are delightful and unique.
Does anyone know if Perry Grant has his own website or information as to when and on which ship, he'll be entertaining? Is it always the Constellation?

spander July 19th, 2007 12:28 AM

I LOVE PERRY GRANT!!!!
HE's Playing every night on the Celebrity Constellation!!!
At least he was last month....I became a Perry Groupie!!
We sailed the Baltic w him. He was the best entertainment on the whole ship!!

Sandy

spander July 19th, 2007 12:38 AM

Perry...could you possibly remember me??? I always wanted you to play Barbra stuff..."Oh My Man I Love Him So"....of course you refused me!!
I also love Gelco (sp) my favorite bar tender/waiter...
I hung out every night during the 6/16-6/30/07 Baltic Cruise...I'm the one that introduced you to 90 year old "Mummie" boy is she a sport!!

I've become a groupie!!!
Sandy

joybailey August 6th, 2007 10:33 AM

Just finished cruising the Baltic. Perry is the greatest! We popped in most evenings and always had a good laugh.
Yours, the "Gated" Bedfordshire community.

rogergusty November 2nd, 2007 11:05 PM

He is presently on "Constellation"

Constallation

Soozmarie November 30th, 2007 10:06 PM

Constellation - until May

eldee jr December 11th, 2007 09:58 AM

Constellation

sjde December 20th, 2007 12:18 PM

We just returned from the Constellation (12/7-12/17) and he was still there in Michael's Pub. I had not kown of him before but he made our trip!

Sue

Lesley Anne Evans January 23rd, 2008 04:12 PM

Dear Perry Grant
This is your friend Lesley Evans. I'm living in Farnborough Hampshire with my partner and our son Luke who will be 11 in June. I hope that one day you read this or someone who knows you does and that you get in touch.
Post a fact that only we will know so I know it's really you eg mutual friend or where we knew each other.
I hope that I find you my friend
Love Lesley xx
LOL

Blue97harbor February 19th, 2008 08:20 AM

Constellation until June 2008

Just got back.... Perry is starring in Michael's Club. He made my trip a lasting memory with his humor and wonderful voice.

Perry if you see this... Thanks again and hope to see you again.
The best to you always..... :)

geeky February 19th, 2008 07:51 PM

Ultimate Caribbean Perry time

I have two things to say.

First - "Positions Everybody... yes especially the boys standing at the bar"

Second - Perry is a Constellation must see. He fills Michaels Club every night... and this is a mark of his talent. The crowd adore him and I think that affection rubs off on those present because the trip we've just been on was one of the most friendly crowds on board any ship.

He made our cruise round the Caribbean extra special.

Plus the understated excellence of bar staff, Jelzko & Chris made the whole experience a joy each and every evening.

--
Karl and Stuart
(who DO live in a gated community)

jacdenv24 March 3rd, 2008 12:33 PM

We cruised the "Connie" Feb.8 to 18 and enjoyed Perry everynight. Actually got seats after the late dinner folks left and waited over an hour every night to enjoy the best entertainment on the high seas! I think Celebrity should rename Micheals Pub "Perry's Place". And now lets pause and have a drink to Judy. Cheers!

Jackie and Dennis from Canada

ctpita April 15th, 2008 12:16 AM

I just got off of the celebrity Constellation on 4/11/08 and Perry Grant was in the Lounge. I enjoyed his humor and music every night till the wee hours! He is aboard the Conmstellation until July 1st, cruising Europe.

pgreen September 2nd, 2008 07:06 AM

Perry Grant is still on the Constellation. We saw him in Michael's club during our Baltic cruise, which ended on the 30th August, 2008, and also in the Celebrity Theatre, where he got a standing ovation when he entered the stage (which was the result of some rather heavy prompts) and another at the end, which wasn't prompted!
We also bought his CD ($20).
He was easily the best and most popular entertainer on the ship.

Parrot Mom September 24th, 2008 07:33 PM

:twisted: Perry is on the Celebrity Constillation and much to my dismay a major disappointment to me after all the talk on the boards... He is so corny that I cant believe it.. :twisted:

jacdenv24 September 25th, 2008 08:22 AM

Sorry you didn't enjoy him the way we did. Maybe he appeals only to a certain age group-like 60 plus? We thought he was kinda campy and a little over the top but that was all part of the act. Oh well, different strokes for different folks :)

Parrot Mom September 25th, 2008 08:28 AM

Perry

The funny part is that we are both over 70 and our passion is theatre and cabaret... i know -- to each his own...for me he is OVER THE TOP!!!
:roll:

jacdenv24 September 25th, 2008 08:41 AM

Other than Mr.Grant, how did you enjoy the Constellation? We are seriously thinking of doing the 11 night Southern Carib. in Feb. We've never considered going back on the same ship before but we just loved the Connie!

Parrot Mom September 25th, 2008 08:58 AM

ship

Actually, I'm not a grouch.lol.. we loved the layout of the ship, the signage, the crew and I have to admit the new dress code, THEY (those who have sailed her before) say the menu is not as good, frankly Im not a meat eater but the beef, lamb and veal were their strong points. Everything else seemed underspiced. Some of the appetizers and salads were so off the wall thatin the end the table would order two shrimp cocktail each night. Desserts have been cut down to three (excellent though) and the upstairs buffet was in a world all itself for lunch and breakfast.. There were several great headliners... the musicals.. the first and last night were great...not to mention a few interesting cultural events. BTW the ship is sold out with a waiting list of 300 for their 2009 t/a.. Would I sail her again.. absolutely.we had a wonderful located cabin and steward.. the best we have had in probably 20 plus cruises.. The C.D,. was below par.. we preferAlan King from the Century who showed what a C.D. should be

tuggers October 16th, 2008 09:16 PM

Anyone know what Perry's schedule is for 09? We just booked 3/26/09 and won't go if Perry's not onboard! LOL!