Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Entertainment on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Entertainment on Ships All aspects of shipboard entertainment.

View Poll Results: What kind of music and style of performing would you like to see most from a live band on your cruis
mostly 70s pop/disco, maybe with a few great 80s hits 4 22.22%
music that makes you wanna sing along and really get down and boogie 7 38.89%
sophisticated but shnazzy lounge jazz you can just enjoy and chill out to 1 5.56%
Keith Urban, Gretchen Wilson, Kenney Chesney, and Martina McBride! Wooohoooo! 1 5.56%
all of the above or describe your own perfect live concert 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2007, 10:36 AM
Beginner

Default singer with cruise questions- please read!

Aloha!

I am a singer and I am looking forward to auditioning with Stiletto Entertainment for Holland America Line in just a week or two! I am posting to see if anyone has any inside info, advice, suggestions, song lists, or anyone I can contact who has done the singing thing on cruises before. For example, how hard or how easy are the sight reading tests? (And any connections for other cruise line singing opportunities would be great!)

Also, for any of you veteran cruisers, are there any songs you can recall hearing the live band play that seem to be standard or desirable cruise tunes?

I teach and sing opera, jazz, country, rock, pop, blues, Celtic....just about anything. However, I know the requirements for the audition include more pop, disco, and contemporary mainstream songs for obvious reasons.

Right now, I'm nervous about the audition cause I'm trying to guess about what to prepare for. BUT...I go into it knowing that when I sing, it makes people happy...(which includes lots of other people besides my mom).

I thank you in advance for all responses! See y'all onboard!
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2007, 03:08 AM
Beginner

OK....33 views and ZERO replies?????

Come on cruisers! Help me out here. Don't be shy!
Old March 4th, 2007, 08:53 PM
First Mate

Hi Miss Diva

As you can tell, this forum is not one of the most active! I saw your post earlier . . but . . just getting around to responding . ...

How did you do?

I was somewhat confused as to what you were asking overall. Stilletto hires mostly production show singers (broadway, head voice, belt, can dance a bit), but your further questions and poll were dealing with the lounge/B band gig?

But if you're still looking for more places to audition:

http://www.royalcaribbeanproductions.com/ (click "careers")

http://www.jeanannryanproductions.com/ she likes tall people

http://corporate.disney.go.com/caree...ruiseline.html
hey, it's where Jennifer Hudson came from!

http://www.carnivalentertainment.com/

http://www.pgtpi.com/

http://www.crystalcruises.com/employment.aspx
Old March 14th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Admiral

I hope to see you one of these days aboard ship! You sound like someone who I'd really enjoy listening to. I voted for all of the above, as I really do enjoy most forms of music. As a retired Marine Corps Musician, I can appreciate most any "real music" that I hear, as long as the performer actually has some talent. ie; rap, and most hip-hop don't do much for me. In any case, I hope your audition went well, and you are doing what you hoped for aboard ship.

See you there,

Ken
Old April 17th, 2007, 01:07 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to musicdude83

Actually, having auditioned for Stilletto in the past, the audition pretty much has you sing the song that you look up on their website fit for your vocals(soprano or alto), then if you make it through that section, you have to learn a short dance number and perform it...afterwards, they'll let you know if you make it or not. And the audition is only for the Broadway shows.....for lounge singing and whatnot, you need to already have an act or performance put together(generally a band too), and then you go through an agency to see if the cruiseline will hire you as onboard entertainment performing in the lounges, etc.