Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Entertainment on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Entertainment on Ships All aspects of shipboard entertainment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Music Bands

Do you think it is wrong to follow your favorite group if you know what ship they're on? I know people like to keep track of their favorite piano player and/or CD on a ship. With me, it's been Music Boardwalk and I just recently met up with them by accident on the Miracle. The first time I heard them was on the Carnival Triumph. Now I want to look them up on their next ship. Just a silly question I guess. Thanks Mary49
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to sugarbabe0077

Im still trying to find out the name of the band that performs in chinatown lounge on board carnivals ecstasy...Music Highlights I think is their name but I cant find a website on them..The band consists of 4 filipino guys that ROCK......The band is awesome....If anyone knows anymore info on them such as a website or email address please let me know...I too, am planning another cruise soon and we want to cruise on the ship they will be playing on.......thanks for any help......kathi
Old July 7th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Admiral

I wouldn't follow them on a ship but if they were in town to saty, yes.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 25th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Music Bands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary49
Do you think it is wrong to follow your favorite group if you know what ship they're on? I know people like to keep track of their favorite piano player and/or CD on a ship. With me, it's been Music Boardwalk and I just recently met up with them by accident on the Miracle. The first time I heard them was on the Carnival Triumph. Now I want to look them up on their next ship. Just a silly question I guess. Thanks Mary49
No, I say follow if you want to. If it is a cruise, there are other things to do and when your favorite group is playing you get to hear them. Wavelength on The Sapphire Princess was my most recent favorite and I want to run away to Canada to see them play. Or another cruise ship when they go.
2003 Disney Cruise-Wonder
2006 Princess Diamond
2007 Princess Crown
April 2009 Princess Sapphire
October 2009 Princess Caribbean
Old May 25th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Admiral

I don't think that's unusual at all. I know lots of folks who do exactly that. There was a guy who used to play piano and sing aboard Princess ships, (primarily Caribbean Princess I think) and he had a following you wouldn't believe! (Bert Stratton is his name, and he is GREAT) I used to book a lot of Celebrity ships just to hear Mark Preston perform. Mark used to be one of the "Lettermen", and really put on a GREAT show. I could go on and on, but you get the point. Why not book a ship with someone on some group that you really enjoy. Let's face it, there really isn't a bad cruise, and if there's one thing or person who can make it even better,,,,well,,,,why not?

Ken
"SKY"
Old June 5th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Wow, I thought this was a dead subject. Just a little update, I decided to go back and see the group in 08/07 on the Miracle and I was glad I did. Looking forwarded to seeing them again hopefully next year in 2010. This year I saw "Music Unlimited" another awesome band. There is nothing like a good live rock and roll band. All of these 'Music Bands" are great. Thanks for responding. Mary49
Old June 18th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Beginner

Default HELP!

In early may of this year (2009) I took a 5 night cruise on Royal Caribbeans Enchantment of the Seas. While I was cruising we spent a good amount of time at the Schooner bar while we requested songs from a talented pianist. All I know of him is that his name is Dan (if i remember correctly) and he is originally from Australia and currently resides in London. He is probably in his mid thirty's and wears glasses and I am trying desperately to find his last name or contact info to have him possibly play the piano at an event I am to host. How could I go about finding this information or better yet.... does anybody know of this guy? We really really enjoyed him and would love to have him play for us again. Thanks a bunch!!!
-Lauren
Old June 20th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren2717
In early may of this year (2009) I took a 5 night cruise on Royal Caribbeans Enchantment of the Seas. While I was cruising we spent a good amount of time at the Schooner bar while we requested songs from a talented pianist. All I know of him is that his name is Dan (if i remember correctly) and he is originally from Australia and currently resides in London. He is probably in his mid thirty's and wears glasses and I am trying desperately to find his last name or contact info to have him possibly play the piano at an event I am to host. How could I go about finding this information or better yet.... does anybody know of this guy? We really really enjoyed him and would love to have him play for us again. Thanks a bunch!!!
-Lauren
I would contact Royal Caribbean and tell them what you know of him and what cruise you were on. I'm sure they will help you out. What about the daily programs you get on the ship? Did you save any of them? Good luck. Mary49
Old June 21st, 2009, 01:58 AM
Beginner

Yes actually I believe I have most if not all of each days itinerary... I like to save them lol. I dont have a scanner to scan them but I would be happy to convey information from them for you. Thanks for your advice!!!
_lauren
Old March 27th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Familiar Face

Mehawk, I noticed your post is from a few years back. However in the year 2010 we followed the Music Highlights on 4 cruises. Twice was on the Triumph from New Orleans, then they were transfered to the Fantasy from Mobile, which we cruised with them, then the ship was sent to Charleston and we traveled there to cruise again with them. It was a lot of fun listening to the 4 times in the same year. My wife and I even had t-shirts made with the band name on them. They went on break since November 2010, have not gotten orders yet about there return. The drummer's name is Danny Abella and he can be found on facebook with that name, and one of the guitarist (Jayson) can be found on facebook by Izzy on Rock. Hope you can find them. We are waiting there return to book our next cruise... Rick
Old May 5th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Hey - there is nothing wrong with liking a certain band. If that is what you enjoy then go ahead an do it.

I am not even suree why you would ask what we think about it. It's your life, live it the way you want to!
Old June 4th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hey Paul, I think we have the same thinking. We dont need even music to enjoy. If we want just go a head 2 or 3 friends can get more enjoyed by their self instead of any band.
Really live your life in your own way and enjoyed it. Great Paul.

Last edited by Kuki; June 20th, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old June 20th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Admiral

My favorite bands would never appear on a cruise ship .
Old June 20th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Tell us who your favorite bands are Henry. No reason to sound elitist.

I never thought Paul Rodgers or Jerry Seinfeld would appear on a cruise ship, but I saw Jerry a few months ago and I will see Paul Rodgers next January.

I've seen ZZ Top, Dave Koz, Chaka Khan, David Sanborn. You never really know.
Old June 20th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Admiral

My favorite bands /singers:

The Fugs

David Peel and The Lower Eastside

Mandrill

Pete Seeger

Buffy Ste Marie

The Bert Wills Band

The Frames
Old June 29th, 2012, 03:26 AM
Welcome Newcomer

You can follow your group and there is no harm unless you are not disturbing them.
Old August 4th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Music boardwalk

To all you Music Boardwalk fans. I just came off a Carnival cruise on the Fantasy and Music Boardwalk was on there. The best entertainment on the ship by far. One the best bands I have ever heard, and I have been in the music industry and recording engineer for 20 years. I think they are going to be done their contract next month and not sure where they will be going after that. I have emailed them to let me know where they will be next contract.
Old October 24th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Familiar Face

David Peel and The Lower Eastside,
my favorite...lovely...
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I don't think that is a problem.How do you find out where they will be?I would like to find out if a certain band was playing on the same ship because I would go back to see them.
Old August 29th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi..What's your favorite bands/music artists??Thanks for share this information..
Old September 3rd, 2013, 11:04 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to gracydaisss Send a message via Skype™ to gracydaisss

Linking Park
John Mayer
Hardwell aka Robbert van de Corput
Skrillex
David Archuleta
My fav. singers, bands and DJs
Old September 22nd, 2013, 02:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sndman1977 View Post
To all you Music Boardwalk fans. I just came off a Carnival cruise on the Fantasy and Music Boardwalk was on there. The best entertainment on the ship by far. One the best bands I have ever heard, and I have been in the music industry and recording engineer for 20 years. I think they are going to be done their contract next month and not sure where they will be going after that. I have emailed them to let me know where they will be next contract.
Sndman1977, just to let you know that Music Boardwalk is on Carnival Freedom until October 19th then they go on vacation until November 30th and return to Carnival Liberty until May30th. Yes, I still follow these guys but I'm afraid that Carnival is cutting back on these bands soon, maybe another year or two and that will be it. Very sad if this really happens.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 03:51 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sndman1977 View Post
Welcome Sndman... I was also a recording engineer and that is how I ended up working on cruise ships.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 03:55 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan8100 View Post
David Peel and The Lower Eastside,
my favorite...lovely...
Yup, as I recall they did "Up Against the Wall, Motherf***er" - a classic composition to say the least

As well as "Don't Bogart that joint, my friend" - putting the verb "bogart" into the lexicon of American English for the first time.

(actually I was a fan, too, at the time. I just can't picture calling them a "favorite.")