Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Entertainment on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Entertainment on Ships All aspects of shipboard entertainment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Shows on Carnival Fantasy

Sailing Fantasy again April 2008. Would someone please give us a description of the current shows.
Old July 20th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Familiar Face

Was wondering the same thing, We have a family group of 16 cabins (42 passengers) booked for 5th of April 2008. Was hoping to learn a little about the entertainment onboard! I'll keep checking the post to.

Old August 11th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Beginner

I too am cruising with fantasy Jan. 21st 2008 Is any one having any luck finding out about the entertainment?
Old August 13th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Captain

I have not yet found the response on this message board yet, from anyone who has just sailed the Fantasy, but I did run across a link which shows a July 2007 Caper of the Fantasy. You can look at these to see the entertainment. Try going to this link:

http://community.webshots.com/user/runenboard
Old August 13th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Beginner

Default Thanks for the info I will check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothin but blue skies
I have not yet found the response on this message board yet, from anyone who has just sailed the Fantasy, but I did run across a link which shows a July 2007 Caper of the Fantasy. You can look at these to see the entertainment. Try going to this link:

http://community.webshots.com/user/runenboard
Old August 14th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Captain

I am a member on another cruise site and asked for a response to this from a member who just returned from the Fantasy. I am posting a copy of their response on the Fantasy entertainment.

The "Welcome Aboard Show" was well executed and very entertaining. For the 2nd night, I got the opportunity to show my age as I went through all the oldies with my son. There was a throw back to the disco music age featuring the likes of KC & the Sunshine Band, Rick James, Donna Summers, etc. The final night was a tribute to the Beatles which was very effective. These are high energy shows, nothing sluggish about it at all. Overall, if you can remember you are not in Vegas you will have a great time with these shows. However, if you are looking for that Vegas feel you will be slightly disappointed. It is what it is, and you must also remember these shows were designed to be kid friendly as well. There are a few G-strings, but nothing to snap a picture about. The costumes are adequate, but nothing like the feathers coming at you in Vegas.

As for the two comedians, they were not Richard Pryor's but they got the job done. There was great interaction with the audience within each act which gave it that personal touch. They both hit enough of the "adult" matter to satisfy the midnight crowd, but it does not take much when the drinks are being served at a rapid pace and the audience is loaded before the comedian even comes onto stage. Hope this helps!!!

We had missed the Beatles show on the Freedom in May due to illness that evening and everyone said it was great. I'm glad that I will have another chance to see it.
Old September 5th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Beginner

I used to dance on the Carnival Inspiration and if I remember correctly the shows on the Fantasy are "Night Club Express" and "Ticket to Ride"