Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Entertainment on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Entertainment on Ships All aspects of shipboard entertainment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Beginner

Default Just hired as a Carnival dancer

Hi everyone! I went to a Carnival Cruise dancer audition this morning and was offered a job. This would be my first fresh-out-of-college professional gig, so I don't know what to expect. Has anyone out there danced on cruise ships, and if so, would you mind sharing your experience? How does Carnival compare to other cruise lines [i.e. Royal Caribbean or Stiletto Ent. (Holland America)]? I'm considering going to those auditions too just to see what they have to offer, but from what I've gathered they're all pretty comparable.

If you can impart any knowledge or advice, please don't hesitate! The earliest my contract could start is July, since I have to finish school / have another small gig in a musical till June.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2009, 08:51 PM
First Mate

Congratulations!!!! Do you know what ship you'll be assigned to? We are cruising this fall and just maybe we'll see you. Tell us what you audition was like.

Carnival Tropical 2000
Carnival Pride 2002
Carnival Glory 2003
Carnival Miracle 2004
Carnival Victory 2004
Sun Princess 2005
Carnival Legend 2006
Carnival Glory 2008
Carnival Liberty 2008
Carnival Freedom 2009
Carnival Dream 2011
Carnival Conquest 2012
Carnival Liberty - Sept 2013
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas- Sept 2014

Old March 6th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Beginner

Thank you! No I won't know which ship I'm on until about a month before I leave. The audition was over 3 hours long and very tiring! We were taught a variety of dance combos (mostly jazz) and then the director made cuts and chose about 15-20 people to hire.
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:11 PM
Admiral

Hi Breezy. Congrats! I don't have any real first hand info for you, but I do perform almost every cruise, either in the talent show, or the Carnival Legends show, and as a result get to know both the dancers, and the musicians quite well. To a person, they all seem to enjoy what they're doing. Many of the dancers that are assigned to me, (in the Legends show) are on their 8th or 10th contract, and some even more, so the work can't be too bad. 8) Once again, congratulations on getting the offer, and I'll be looking for "Breezy" aboard one of these days.

Ken
"SkyMaster"
Old June 28th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
Hi Breezy. Congrats! I don't have any real first hand info for you, but I do perform almost every cruise, either in the talent show, or the Carnival Legends show, and as a result get to know both the dancers, and the musicians quite well. To a person, they all seem to enjoy what they're doing. Many of the dancers that are assigned to me, (in the Legends show) are on their 8th or 10th contract, and some even more, so the work can't be too bad. 8) Once again, congratulations on getting the offer, and I'll be looking for "Breezy" aboard one of these days.

Ken
"SkyMaster"
Hi Ken, do you happen to know the band "Music Boardwalk"? They are my favorite group on Carnival. Do you have any info. on them? Thanks Mary49
Old August 7th, 2009, 01:06 AM
First Mate

Hey Breezy,

So what ship did you end up on? We're sailing in about a month and wonder if we'll see you perform. I bet you're having a blast by now.

Let us know where your at!!!

Carnival Tropical 2000
Carnival Pride 2002
Carnival Glory 2003
Carnival Miracle 2004
Carnival Victory 2004
Sun Princess 2005
Carnival Legend 2006
Carnival Glory 2008
Carnival Liberty 2008
Carnival Freedom 2009
Carnival Dream 2011
Carnival Conquest 2012
Carnival Liberty - Sept 2013
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas- Sept 2014

Old October 10th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Admiral

I've been searching for "Breezy" on every cruise since I saw this post, but haven't found her yet. Maybe on the next one. 8)

Ken
"SKY"
Old October 21st, 2009, 02:26 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I emailed Breezy to ask her what happened - she told me she is
on hold" waiting for a posotion to open up. It seems that in this economy not a lot of dancers are willing to give up a paying job on a cruise ship.